Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:19 AM
Default Looking For A Specific Mod (Sims 1)
I know that this website focuses more on the later editions of the franchise, but I've been able to find about everything for the games here so...

I was wondering if there were any mods for the Sims 1 where your sim can interact or befriend/fall in love with a NPC sim. For an example, trying to form a relationship with a service sim is impossible because there are no options. I know nothing about coding but I have seen people make NPCs in the Sims 2 more complex so I figured there might be one for the original somewhere.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 7:53 AM
As far as I know, it's not possible. NPCs behave very differently in Sims 1 than they do in later Sims games. What is possible is to find skins that are playable, but the Sim will not act as the NPC does.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 60spenguin
I know that this website focuses more on the later editions of the franchise, but I've been able to find about everything for the games here so...

I was wondering if there were any mods for the Sims 1 where your sim can interact or befriend/fall in love with a NPC sim. For an example, trying to form a relationship with a service sim is impossible because there are no options. I know nothing about coding but I have seen people make NPCs in the Sims 2 more complex so I figured there might be one for the original somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Someone tried it and while you can hack the NPCs to use general personglobals it does not always work out well. NPCs aren't really designed for it.