Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Switching from Origin to disk
I'm running TS2 UC on Win7 through Origin. I also have TS2 original on disk which isn't currently installed on my computer. I want to see if it's possible to copy the EP files from /Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/, then uninstall the game along with Origin, then install TS2 original from the disk, then move the copied EP files into the new Program Files TS2 folder and play the UC without Origin in this way. (I'm aware I would need to copy my Neighborhoods folder also if I wanted to keep my current ones.) I also wanted to see if anyone knew what specific files allow you to run TS2 through Origin without the disk so that I can copy those as well so that I don't need the disk or Origin to run TS2. If I need to copy .dll files from /Windows/System 32/ to accomplish any of this I can do that. I have Dependency Walker to locate files that TS2 needs to run properly. Would I run into issues with registry keys? Sorry this is a bit of a complicated question. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 1:16 PM
Do you have to go through Origin?
It does seem as if some players have to, but I am using a shortcut on my desktop and am never logged into Origin at all.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yewsurname
I'm running TS2 UC on Win7 through Origin. I also have TS2 original on disk which isn't currently installed on my computer. I want to see if it's possible to copy the EP files from /Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/, then uninstall the game along with Origin, then install TS2 original from the disk, then move the copied EP files into the new Program Files TS2 folder and play the UC without Origin in this way. (I'm aware I would need to copy my Neighborhoods folder also if I wanted to keep my current ones.) I also wanted to see if anyone knew what specific files allow you to run TS2 through Origin without the disk so that I can copy those as well so that I don't need the disk or Origin to run TS2. If I need to copy .dll files from /Windows/System 32/ to accomplish any of this I can do that. I have Dependency Walker to locate files that TS2 needs to run properly. Would I run into issues with registry keys? Sorry this is a bit of a complicated question. Thank you.

That will not work because when you install it make records in the registry so the game will know to look for the files and where to get them.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158