Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 2:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default I'm worried - installed apartments - hoodchecker error?
So, I have been making a neighborhood to play. I downloaded most of the lots from here at MTS and none of them had any CC whatsoever - I installed with the lot cleaner program.

Since I first created the neighborhood I've been checking it with Mootilda's HoodChecker, but after placing two apartment lots (not by the same creator), I get a bunch of entries like this:

"Valid: Lot 0x001A (NAME OF THE LOT): [Inventory: 1263] Memory(0xCC78857A)
(I rather withhold the name of the lot and the creators cause maybe this whole thing is nothing and i don't want to put other people off from downloading these simmers' stuff in the confusion.)

It's like over 100 entries for each lot. I have other apartments installed and none caused problems or generated these types of entries in HoodChecker.

after that also these appeared:

////

"Valid: Family 0x0000 Default: VideoGame - CD - SSX3 (Default Game)
Valid: 0x0006 Toddler New Year (NPC): [Invisible] Token - Sim - Initialized
Valid: 0x0006 Toddler New Year (NPC): [Invisible] Token - LTA - LTA Inited
Valid: 0x0006 Toddler New Year (NPC): [Invisible] Token - Hobby - Initialized
Valid: 0x0007 Father Time (NPC): [Invisible] Token - Sim - Initialized
Valid: 0x0007 Father Time (NPC): [Invisible] Token - LTA - LTA Inited
Valid: 0x0008 Santa Claus (NPC): [Invisible] Token - Sim - Initialized
Valid: 0x0008 Santa Claus (NPC): [Invisible] Token - LTA - LTA Inited"

/////

There are no townies (mods), nor Sims created by me (or by others) in my neighborhood yet. I did enter these lots to change some furniture and stuff.

Will those apartment units cause problem or lagging? Should I redo my neighborhood? Is it dangerous to move Sims into the units?

Any help very much appreciated, I'm very noob-y with TS2.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 3:39 PM
It looks like you selected the option Show all memories (not just invalid ones) in the second last screen in HoodChecker. Run it again with the tick box cleared. You'll probably get no memories showing at all. If HoodChecker says the memories are valid, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:34 PM
Your hoodchecker does seem to work fine. If it reports the valid memories of apartments, meaning that those are not corrupted and good to go.
Santa Clause, Father's Time and Toddler New Year are default NPCs. Their characters are stored in objects.package inside your game installation folder, not in C:/Your Documents. Do not attempt to edit them with SimPE since it will cause game corruption. SSX3 is a default game and every residential will have it if they have computers or video consoles inside. I hope it helps
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 1:08 AM
Thank you AndrewGloria & legacyoffailures!