Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 12:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Water edges look weird. (Not simpleterrain)
I've included a pic. It happens in all of my neighbourhoods.and doesn't seem to be affected when I remove my downloads folder.
Screenshots
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 4:15 PM
Wow - that's a dark picture. Did you take it at night? Looks like issues with shadows. What's your video card and did you do anything to the video settings? Do you have any graphics fixes installed in your set up?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:17 PM
Can you add a daytime shot as well or is the problem only seen at night?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 1:28 AM Last edited by hannahsim201999 : 9th Jan 2018 at 10:21 AM.
T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶. (I was wrong. see post below) I have Intel and Nvidia cards but I only use the intel one most of the time because I can't use the Nvidia one in windowed mode. However I checked and the problem is still there if I use my Nvidia card. I do have moi's water mod but even when i remove all the mods i have its still there. I have also recently reinstalled for unrelated reasons and the problem still persists
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Can you add a daytime shot as well or is the problem only seen at night?

I thought the problem was only at night but i changed the water mod i had and I can now see it during the day as well. Its kinda hard to see but i've circled the main areas in the image below
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:45 AM
I have an AMD Radeon 7700 series graphics card and I have something like that in my game too. It's visible from some angles but not from others and as you mentioned, it's more noticeable at night (in my game, it seems easiest to see on the coastline in Pleasantview just past the bridge). It seems to be just a minor graphics glitch. It's no big deal and as you mentioned it's normally hard to see anyway, so I just don't let it bother me. Interestingly - the closer I zoom in, the less likely I am to see that glitch.

This may just be a case of old game + newer graphics card = some polygons on the coastline not being rendered quite right.