Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Deleting and Reinstalling?
Hi everyone,

I have a digital version of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (meaning I have no disk, I got it through Origin a while back). I got bored with the neighborhoods, so I decided to reset the ones I tampered with. I did the process correctly (deleting the file from one folder, copying from another and pasting), and all of the neighborhoods reset perfectly fine EXCEPT Belladonna Cove! When I open the neighborhood, all of the lots are gone, and there are some blue squares where they should have been. I did the reset process multiple times for Belladonna Cove, but the same thing keeps happening. I was considering deleting the game from my computer and reinstalling through Origin. Is that possible? I have this fear that if I delete it from my computer, it'll disappear from Origin and I'll never be able to play again. Will uninstalling and reinstalling fix this issue? It's my favorite neighborhood in the game, so I'd love to fix it somehow. I'm running Windows 10 if that's relevant to the topic.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 5:37 PM
It would be less time-consuming to go here: https://meetme2theriver.livejournal...lladonna%20cove and pick up a cleaned-up copy of the neighborhood and place it in your Neighborhoods or Neighborhood Templates folder. There's also subhood and downtown versions so you can attach it to any other hood you like! All the Maxis neighborhoods shipped with some corruption that we now know how to prevent and clean out, which is what these copies are all about.

I don't know what would have caused the described problem, except possibly neighborhood corruption and if you've got neighborhood corruption that bad in your templates you may have a bigger problem. If it happens with Tarlia's version, too, I'd take the question to help for troubleshooting advice before reinstalling, but I'm on discs. Someone with UC experience will no doubt be along shortly to tell you the hazards and advantages of reinstalling with Origin.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:17 PM
All right.

Trouble shooting for the UC works the same as for disks.

Sometimes, a file will be corrupted/ broken during the download process - it happens, although it is not the norm. So I agree with Peni - just download new copies and install them.

Generally, with the UC - If you have done all the trouble shooting, and you are at the point where you would have reinstalled with disks, you can first use the repair option on Origin. That should fix broken game files. It will, however, leave your CC intact. A repair does not repair broken or corrupted cc - that you will have to find yourself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:23 PM Last edited by Nakikahhh_ : 7th Jan 2018 at 6:58 PM.
Thank you guys. I actually uninstalled, then reinstalled and I'm still having the issue with Belladonna Cove. Are there install instructions for downloading a new one? Do I have to delete the file with the neighborhood and delete it in game as well? I'd just like to make sure I'm doing everything correctly as I'm not the most tech savvy person!

UPDATE:
So I went to the site, downloaded the new version, and for some reason, it's still doing the same thing. There are no lots and I see blue squares. I guess I'm just not supposed to use that neighborhood anymore which sucks because it's my absolute favorite
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 9:00 PM
For using Tarlia's cleaned neighborhood, you just remove the old one inside (your) Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods. Copy and paste the cleaned one back to that folder. Open up the game and see if Belladonna Cove still got those blue squares.

Also didn't Ultimate Collection got an Origin update a few years ago?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:13 AM
Delete the old ones - if not, they may merge and become unplayable (although you should get a warning).

Download the hood you want to use, and then paste it into both of these.

1. Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Neighbourhoods
2. This PC/OS/ProgramFiles (X86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/EP (for Belladonna Cave - Apartment Life)/TSData/Res/Neighbourhood template.

(If you look at the article in my signature, it has a link to info about the recent UC update).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:55 AM
For the UC you can go into Origin, right click and select fix. You should not reinstall, you only get five of those and repair is just as good. Make a backup first as files will be wiped.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:00 AM
Select "Repair" - remember that you may have to download a new copy of the CEP; may have to reinstall your cc camera mod and may have to redo your graphic rules after a repair, though.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:40 PM
This is a longshot, but - did you delete your neighborhood manager? I guess an uninstall/reinstall would do that...this is deeply weird. It has to be something on your machine, but in that case, why Belladonna Cove and nothing else?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:50 PM
It's five concurrent installations on different systems Jo not 5 in total.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:03 PM Last edited by Nakikahhh_ : 8th Jan 2018 at 6:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
This is a longshot, but - did you delete your neighborhood manager? I guess an uninstall/reinstall would do that...this is deeply weird. It has to be something on your machine, but in that case, why Belladonna Cove and nothing else?

Okay, I went to ThisPC/Windows(C: )/Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/ The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Apartment Life/TSData/Res/User Data/Neighborhoods and sure enough, there is no neighborhood manager! I looked in my other neighborhoods folder, and they all have neighborhood managers, so I must've deleted it by mistake. Is there a way to get it backed or am I doomed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Select "Repair" - remember that you may have to download a new copy of the CEP; may have to reinstall your cc camera mod and may have to redo your graphic rules after a repair, though.

Hi!

I did repair, and I'm still having the same problem :/ I gave it a rest yesterday, but I'm going to try again today. I deleted the Belladonna Cove neighborhood files so I can install the new one in the above link again. Even after I installed the new one yesterday, it was still empty with blue squares. Also, what is a CEP? sorry if that's a stupid question
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Delete the old ones - if not, they may merge and become unplayable (although you should get a warning).

Download the hood you want to use, and then paste it into both of these.

1. Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Neighbourhoods
2. This PC/OS/ProgramFiles (X86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/EP (for Belladonna Cave - Apartment Life)/TSData/Res/Neighbourhood template.

(If you look at the article in my signature, it has a link to info about the recent UC update).

thank you, I'm going to try this. Yesterday, I did the process, and pasted one copy into documents, and instead of putting the second copy into This PC/Windows (C: )/ProgramFiles (X86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/ Apartment Life/ TSData/Res/Neighborhood Template, I put it in the folder entitled "Neighborhoods" so maybe that's where I went wrong. Fingers crossed!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:22 PM
Hi everyone, I may have figured out my problem. I think I accidentally deleted the neighborhood manager for Belladonna Cove when I reset the neighborhood. I checked ThisPC/Windows(C: )/Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/ The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Apartment Life/TSData/Res/User Data/Neighborhoods and the neighborhood manager is nonexistent. All of my other neighborhoods have the manager, so maybe that's why they all work, and this one no longer does. Is there a way to get the neighborhood manager..back? I truly didn't mean to delete it, and I didn't recognize that I did until Peni mentioned it, and I went back to check.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:53 PM
It should have made itself a new one, though. Check to see if the folder is read-only? Apparently some systems mark folders read-only at random and it's super-annoying.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 9:33 PM
It should have made itself a new one, though. Check to see if the folder is read-only? Apparently some systems mark folders read-only at random and it's super-annoying.

The folder is marked read-only. Should I change that to hidden, and will that generate a new neighborhood manager? Sorry for all the questions. I'm not the best with the nitty-gritty side of technology
Mad Poster
#17 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:04 PM
It doesn't have to be hidden; just untick read-only. If a game data file is read-only, it can't save any changes, and that's probably why it can't make a new neighborhood manager.

Your program files can (and probably should) be set to read-only; but not your data files.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:17 PM
Well I've all but given up. I've followed all the steps you guys gave me in this thread, I reinstalled the neighborhood, made sure the folders weren't marked read-only, put the files in the correct folders, etc and the neighborhood is just gone in my game. In the "E001" file folder, there is a package file with the same name, so I don't know if my game won't read it or what. It won't show up anymore. I'm not the best with this stuff, but I followed the steps here to a T so I'm not sure what's up. I'll try to fix the game one more time through origin, but I don't have much hope that it'll work. Thank you all for your help though, it really means alot! I'll just have to settle for not having that particular neighborhood anymore
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:08 PM
There shouldn't be a NeighbourhoodManager in Program Files, only in Documents (only BG and Seasons have that, I've no idea why). That's not the problem.

If you pull the whole EA Games folder out of your Documents (put it on the Desktop for now), does your Belladonna Cove work then?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:18 PM
I think something is up with my game. Riverblossom Hills disappeared on its own, and I haven't even played that one yet. I read somewhere that I can delete the sims 2 ultimate collection folder completely, and the game will generate a new one? Is this credible?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
There shouldn't be a NeighbourhoodManager in Program Files, only in Documents (only BG and Seasons have that, I've no idea why). That's not the problem.

If you pull the whole EA Games folder out of your Documents (put it on the Desktop for now), does your Belladonna Cove work then?

I'll check. Should I pull the actual folder out and place it on my desktop, or right click, create a shortcut, and do it that way?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:24 PM
@Nakikahhh please do not double, triple, quadruple post, it's against site rules. When you have more to say and the thread doesn't need bumping please use the edit button.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Nakikahhh please do not double, triple, quadruple post, it's against site rules. When you have more to say and the thread doesn't need bumping please use the edit button.

I'm very sorry. I'm new to the site. I'll remember that for future references
Mad Poster
#24 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:25 AM
Pull the whole folder out - the My Documents folder, not the Programs one - and launch the game. This will cause the game to generate a new Sims2 folder.

BTW, has your anti-virus been told to whitelist Sims2 files? Because that causes problems for people, too.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:31 AM
Pull the whole folder out - the My Documents folder, not the Programs one - and launch the game. This will cause the game to generate a new Sims2 folder.

BTW, has your anti-virus been told to whitelist Sims2 files? Because that causes problems for people, too.

I pulled the folder out and everything fixed . Belladonna Cove is back , Riverblossom Hill is back, and everything is running smoothly again thank you! is this a guaranteed fix every time my game decides to act up? Id hate to run to the forums every time something goes wrong if there’s an easier fix
Page 1 of 2