Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Computer related help
Hello,

I have two desktops at my disposal, one of them is going to become my dedicated Sims 2 playing pc.

The first one is an old computer everything it has is decent but I'm worried about the graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE.
The second pc is more modern but doesn't seem to have a proper graphics card (it just says Intel HD)

My question is can the graphics card I have suffice for the Sims 2 UC with mods? If not what's the least expensive card I can upgrade to that would allow me to play the game on max settings. The pc won't be used for anything else except playing The Sims 2.

Old PC specs:
Intel Core 2 CPU
500GB hard drive
3gb RAM

Newer PC specs:
i5
500GB hard drive
8gb RAM

Thank you in advance

~~~ Give me a dream, a wayward symphony ~~~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 12:49 PM
I am not sure if the 7300 is the same as 7300 LE, if it is....according to this , not so good.
But you might get more help in the computer help maybe..?
http://modthesims.info/fd.php?f=563

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 1:05 PM
I don't think either is good, but I have heard that the new chips are now okay for sims 2.

The other, says here it's 12 years old. http://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/Nvidia/...Force_7300_LE/5 I just got a new computer and had been using an 8 year old graphics card and it was starting to go, doing odd things. I'm amazed that a 12 year old card is even still going. I would go for the chip but make sure you keep the laptop cool and don't play for huge long stretches. You might also want to be careful with how many polys of CC you are using as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 6:29 PM
Thank you Rosebine, I forgot that forum existed. I've already found a thread there I can follow up on

Thank you joandsarah77, I will have to buy a new card after all. It's an old pc that was sitting idle for a long time and the second one was pretty cheap.

~~~ Give me a dream, a wayward symphony ~~~