Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Clearing the Cache with a batch file?
I've found a post within the Sims 2 and was wondering if it worked with the Sims 3 as well. If it does, has anyone made a batch file to keep the cache clean? It's a pain having to remove them only for the to regenerate to where they cause my game to freeze. I've run everything else, it is definitely the cache and the useless files causing the problem.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:36 AM
The cache system isn't itself useless, it's an integral part of the game's mechanics. Although there's nothing wrong with clearing them out after every game session or before the next one, many of us do that to prevent issues. Is this the kind of batch file you are looking for? That reduces the clearing out to one step instead of deleting the five files individually each time.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609418