Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:25 PM
Default What do you do with Skydome's Enhanced Witches mod?
I'm planning on making a Hogwarts like school where children and teens could study to become witches and wizards but I couldn't find any proper CC or mods to help make the students attend a certain school without any rabbitholes or make all the students wear the same uniforms like in Harry Potter which is my favorite book and movie series though personally I think the books are way better.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:51 PM Last edited by Elynda : 1st Sep 2019 at 9:57 AM.
This is a work-in-progess, but it is intended to be Miss Cackle's Academy for Young Witches, inspired by Jill Murphy's "Worse Witch" books.

I created Mildred Hubble long ago, in anticipation of Supernatural, and was bitterly disappointed that she couldn't actually do any magic. Now, what with Enhanced Witches and also Kapaer's Children Can mods, she can do magic and alchemy, so I have big plans for her. I'm currently creating all her friends (and enemies) and when the school is finished I will enrol as many little witches as possible. Then let the fun begin!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
This is a work-in-progess, but it is intended to be Miss Cackle's Academy for Young Witches, inspired by Jill Murphy's "Worse Witch" books.

I created Mildred Hubble long ago, in anticipation of Supernatural, and was bitterly disappointed that she couldn't actually do any magic. Now, what with Enhanced Witches and also Kapaer's Children Can mods, she can do magic and alchemy, so I have big plans for her. I'm currently creating all her friends (and enemies) and when the school is finished I will enrol as many little witches as possible. Then let the fun begin!

That's cool, if only I have a mod to force the students that I want to attend there and if I could find nice uniforms for the children and teens to wear I would do the same thing. Do you plan on sharing that school, it looks really nice on the outside?
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:11 PM
I hadn't planned on uploading it. I've used a lot of custom content from various sources, many of which I can't remember, and the whole complicated business of uploading stuff blows my mind TBH. Maybe I will when I'm a little more familiar with the procedure.

With my other school (St Fred's) I've experimented with ways I could make it function as a day school whilst keeping it as a residential lot for the boarders, but with little success. I tried making some areas of the building public and placing a school rabbit hole rug in one of the 'public' rooms. I couldn't get it to work and I couldn't figure out why. I made a test group of 'off campus' girls and assigned them to that school using Nraas Master Controller, but I was obviously getting something wrong because the school bus would show up for them, they'd get on it, and then immediately get off again. Never did work it out.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:10 AM
I hadn't planned on uploading it. I've used a lot of custom content from various sources, many of which I can't remember, and the whole complicated business of uploading stuff blows my mind TBH. Maybe I will when I'm a little more familiar with the procedure.

With my other school (St Fred's) I've experimented with ways I could make it function as a day school whilst keeping it as a residential lot for the boarders, but with little success. I tried making some areas of the building public and placing a school rabbit hole rug in one of the 'public' rooms. I couldn't get it to work and I couldn't figure out why. I made a test group of 'off campus' girls and assigned them to that school using Nraas Master Controller, but I was obviously getting something wrong because the school bus would show up for them, they'd get on it, and then immediately get off again. Never did work it out.
Do you know the names of the CC that you're using for your school?
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:19 AM Last edited by Elynda : 1st Apr 2018 at 12:49 AM.
I only know what they are called in-game, what the file names are I don't know. I keep back-ups of everything I download directly, but there are some items that came packaged with worlds or lots that I've downloaded. In some cases I no longer have those worlds or lots installed. I shall go through the school lot and start making a list of what I've used.

EDIT: Ah, I've managed to track down the most important items: those Gothic windows. They're by Cyclonesue, no castle should be without them - https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...oors/id/935881/

Also the doors, also by Cyclonesue: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ims3/id/935893/

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:35 AM
I only know what they are called in-game, what the file names are I don't know. I keep back-ups of everything I download directly, but there are some items that came packaged with worlds or lots that I've downloaded. In some cases I no longer have those worlds or lots installed. I shall go through the school lot and start making a list of what I've used.

EDIT: Ah, I've managed to track down the most important items: those Gothic windows. They're by Cyclonesue, no castle should be without them - https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...oors/id/935881/

Also the doors, also by Cyclonesue: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ims3/id/935893/

That's great. What did you furnish and design your school like?
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:28 PM Last edited by Elynda : 1st Sep 2019 at 10:01 AM.
Well things are pretty sparsely furnished in there at the moment, I'm trying out various things. I haven't really finalized the room layout yet, and there are six levels including the dungeons! Overall I'm going for a generally 'Gothic' theme. I'll put these screenshots under a spoiler, since it is a bit of de-rail.

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:11 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 2nd Apr 2018 at 5:33 AM.
Well things are pretty sparsely furnished in there at the moment, I'm trying out various things. I haven't really finalized the room layout yet, and there are six levels including the dungeons! Overall I'm going for a generally 'Gothic' theme. I'll put these under a spoiler, since it is a bit of de-rail.

You've done a great job with the school. Are the rest of stuff including the uniforms from the game or are some of them cc?
Scholar
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 4:42 AM
The map and the desks and chairs in the classroom are from Around the Sims (http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/r...wntown_02.shtml)

The chairs in the library are a Sims4 conversion by The Jim (http://modthesims.info/d/550903)

Spiderella's Spooky Bookshelf came with Supernatural, the Titan Desk is from University Life, the Rustically Elegant Dining Table is from Outdoor Living and I think the Constitutional Bookshelf is Basegame.

I can't find a link to those candle holders. I think they're something by LunaSims.

Everything else in the pictures, except for the windows and doors that I mentioned above, comes from the game. The girls uniforms are just the Basegame gymslip dress re-CASted.

Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 5:35 AM
The map and the desks and chairs in the classroom are from Around the Sims (http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/r...wntown_02.shtml)

The chairs in the library are a Sims4 conversion by The Jim (http://modthesims.info/d/550903)

Spiderella's Spooky Bookshelf came with Supernatural, the Titan Desk is from University Life, the Rustically Elegant Dining Table is from Outdoor Living and I think the Constitutional Bookshelf is Basegame.

I can't find a link to those candle holders. I think they're something by LunaSims.

Everything else in the pictures, except for the windows and doors that I mentioned above, comes from the game. The girls uniforms are just the Basegame gymslip dress re-CASted.

Thank you for sharing the links. Why did you set the game to low graphics?
Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 7:35 AM
The game slows to a crawl if I have them any higher. When I am shooting screenshots for story posts I usually set them higher.

Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 9:23 AM
The game slows to a crawl if I have them any higher. When I am shooting screenshots for story posts I usually set them higher.

That's the story of my life with this game. What computer are you running it on? Mine is an Intel i5 laptop with 8gbs of ram and an Intel graphics chip.
Scholar
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 10:54 AM Last edited by Elynda : 2nd Apr 2018 at 7:08 PM.
HP Pavilion dv6 with AMD Radeon HD graphics card and 6gbs. It's a few years old, but it plays Sims 3 better than any previous computers I've had. But, as I say, it does tend to lag a bit when I've got graphics set high.

Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 1:11 PM
HP Pavilion dv6 with AMD HD graphics card and 6gbs. It's a few years old, but it plays Sims 3 better than any previous computers I've had. But, as I say, it does tend to lag a bit when I've got graphics set high.

Cool, I plan on upgrading from my laptop when I get enough money to buy a better one which in the kind of situation i'm in probably won't be until years from now but my laptop still runs Sims 3 like a champion if I turn down the graphics down and i'm not in any rush to get one.