Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 12:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Buy Mode Crash
Hello everyone! So, here's the thing: I've been having a series of glitches since a installed Sims 2 on this PC, which is way better (in specs) than the one which I used to play, I've been pushing through some glitches while setting up my megahood but this one makes my game crash.
Crashing happens when I'm trying to get at page 5 of the miscellaneous decorations and it's most likely due to some clutte. I'd like to know if there's a way for me to see which specific object or objects may be causing this using SimPE or any other program, since removing each folder trying to determine what's the issue is very time consuming.
And there's something else that's been bugging me: the gravestones of my recently deceaced Sims don't have any interaction option (neither mourn nor move to lot), I haven't tested with premades' yet, but if that's an issue I'd like to know if someone else had it before and how it's fixable.
Thanks in advance :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:48 PM
I'm afraid you'll have to find the offending CC yourself huh?
You already know it sits in miscellaneous decorations, so not a chair, not a bed...not a piece of clothing, not a hair etc. And being on the fifth page, also tells you a bit about the price that item is sold at. More clues for you.
Have you tried the 50% method? It does seems long, but it won't be that bad.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 3:41 AM
Yeah, I guess that's the way to go. I was just hopeful there would be an easier way to get it done since I've become more of a casual player recently.
Thank you so much, I didn't know about the 50% method and I'm really glad for that, it'll will save a lot of time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 4:49 AM
If it's deco crashing then remove all your CC and test your deco folder. Half it and test each half. Halve those halves and keep testing. It doesn't take the game long to load with only a bit of CC. if your download folder is not organized then now is the time to do it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~