Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 12:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 Keeps Crashing at Random.
My game has been acting up lately, I haven't added any new mods to my game and I've deleted a lot of my mods recently, my game was acting fine not long ago but now its crashing after I exit CAS and try saving my game, sometimes it crashes while I'm building but most of the time it crashes for no reason, I've tried all of the fixes I could find but none of them are working, can someone help me find out whats wrong with my game?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 12:04 AM
It's very possible that the mods you deleted are what destabilized your game, because some mods have uninstall procedures that have to be followed to prevent crashes. If possible, I'd put those mods back in the game and look up each one first to make sure there isn't something specific you need to do to remove them without crashes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
what's the ram register when they crash?

I'm sorry I don't understand what that is.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:26 AM
I put the mods back but Origin says the Nraas Awesome Mod is not good.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
I put the mods back but Origin says the Nraas Awesome Mod is not good.

Hi there. I'm afraid Origin doesn't really know or care about mods. What exact error message are you getting and at what exact point is it appearing?

Also, there is no such thing as the NRaas Awesome Mod, that's a bit like saying that Burger King's Big Mac is a problem. NRaas doesn't make AwesomeMod, we are actually (friendly) competitors. However, AwesomeMod is an example of a mod that you cannot remove and expect an ongoing game that has used it to still function without taking some uninstall steps in-game first.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 5:55 AM
Sorry about that... I put Awesome Mod back in the game and it's working a lot better.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:33 AM
That's a good sign.

If you really don't want Awesome anymore, there is at least a console command that needs to be run prior to its removal to properly remove it from already saved ongoing games. Otherwise sims will end up with undefined traits and the Chosen (or Blessed, whatever it's called) feature can break things when it suddenly isn't there. This is documented, I think it's still called "experimental" but has always been called that, at MATY somewhere on its forums.

Or you could pull the mod, clear the cache files, and start a new game to see how that goes.