Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 10:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default 'hand baby to'... the stereo?
i was exiting without saving in hopes of finding a good pair of babies that i wanted to keep because my sim was giving birth, and when i did believe i got a good pair, i look at the sim's action queue and its hand baby to (because she got twins) but why isn't the portrait of who she's handing the baby to a sim? why is it a stereo? and is it safe to save and disregard this creepy instance? im terrified if this is a sign of corruption
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 11:07 PM
I haven't seen that glitch. Unless you are seeing other signs I would not worry too much. Unless of course, you have been doing VBT.

On the picture front that is easy, for a quick shot simply press the C key or print screen key(that may not work in full screen mode) or download a free screenshot program like Fraps.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:08 AM
C-pictures won't capture the user interface, so you'd need printscreen to take a picture if you want to capture menus and parts of the UI.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:44 AM
it keeps happening when i go through the birth sequence again so im just going to assume everythings okay. i backed my files however just incase if i notice something going wonky
Alchemist
#5 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:49 AM
I recall various queue icons during twin births. I do not remember the exact ones.

if you suspect corruption; the Hood Checker program might work.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st May 2018 at 2:05 AM
Have you tried deleting the stereo (temporarily) for the time of the birth at least, and see what or who will then appear in the queue image?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2018 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Have you tried deleting the stereo (temporarily) for the time of the birth at least, and see what or who will then appear in the queue image?

when the stereo is deleted prior to the birth, nothing appears in the action queue.
so what could this mean? is it safe to continue from a save that i have a couple days after the babies are born, or should i revert back and delete the stereo before the babies are born?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:00 PM
I'd say..that stereo is suspicious and I would get rid of it. Is it custom or from the game?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I'd say..that stereo is suspicious and I would get rid of it. Is it custom or from the game?

the stereo is from the game

the lot the family is on is also from the game, if that is important

edit: also apparently the stereo is already on the lot before played
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:41 PM
This happens if your pregnant sim can't reach another sim in time to hand the baby to before giving birth to the second twin. A random object will show up in the queue but they'll really just drop the first kid on the floor.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
This happens if your pregnant sim can't reach another sim in time to hand the baby to before giving birth to the second twin. A random object will show up in the queue but they'll really just drop the first kid on the floor.

she hands the husband the first baby though, who is right in front of her!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:39 PM
This reminds me of that viral picture of a glitch where a kitchen counter wanted to come over...I haven't seen that on my own so far but I would say it could happen randomly and is not dangerous. Meaning that you wait until the babies are born and then delete the stereo or just leave it be since it's not doing anything
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd May 2018 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Simmer9000 : 3rd May 2018 at 3:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by fluffyfeather
i was exiting without saving in hopes of finding a good pair of babies that i wanted to keep because my sim was giving birth, and when i did believe i got a good pair, i look at the sim's action queue and its hand baby to (because she got twins) but why isn't the portrait of who she's handing the baby to a sim? why is it a stereo? and is it safe to save and disregard this creepy instance? im terrified if this is a sign of corruption

I've noticed this a lot in twin births. Usually it's okay, considering the sim giving birth hands the first baby off to someone nearby (if they're available). I play with FRAPS for screenshots, but I hide the UI by going into the options (F5) tab. So in this picture while he's handing off the first baby to his eldest daughter, I believe it was a picture of the stereo if I'm not mistaken (or something else, but typically when this happens in my game as well it's a stereo).
Oh, and that plumbob that's off to the side is OK too. It's from the InSim hack (I use the objects version of it).
EDIT: Alright, I forgot how photobucket changed up its hosting. Since I couldn't get the attachment to work, here's the image from Tumblr since I posted it there: https://78.media.tumblr.com/2f40bb1...el9mo1_1280.png

Posting all generations of The Sims, from the first through the foruth.