Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2018 at 8:19 PM
Default Shutting down home business without selling everything OR starting over from 0
I want to change the owner of a home business so that a younger sim can also start to build up his business perks. Since "passing on" the perks from sim to sim is way too slow, I usually just shut down the business when it's reached level 10, so the younger sim can start a new one at level 0. But if you have things for sale, this happens. So is there a more convenient way to do this, any mod or cheat, so that I don't have to buy everything again, or mark everything as not for sale and then for sale again?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th May 2018 at 10:09 PM
faster pass along http://cyjon.net/node/265 this may be more of a WCIF than a game help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:32 AM
Thank you but that's not exactly what I'm looking for It'd be more convenient if I could start over from level 0 instead. I also wasn't sure if it should be in help or WCIF, since there could also be a cheat or something. I have one idea how to do this but I haven't tried it so I don't know if it'll work. Maybe if I use insimenator to remove customer stars until the business drops down to level 0, and THEN switch owner. But the question is, do I still get rewards for each new level, or does it still count as "regaining" the levels so I get no rewards? I figured if there was a mod to do this instead, that'd be great. XD

I think I'm going to use that mod you suggested still, since then they can keep level 10. But that'd mean I have to buy a new business to get the perks the elder sim didn't have. So that's why it's not exactly what I needed. :P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:54 AM
There is no easy method as far as I know, certainly nothing easy like a cheat. If you read over that mod he had quite a lot of issues even making that, so that's as good as it gets. You can always start a new level 0 business though. Perhaps there is some way to add perks in simPE.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2018 at 6:24 AM
What happens if you don't give the perks to the new owner, but just give the business?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th May 2018 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There is no easy method as far as I know, certainly nothing easy like a cheat. If you read over that mod he had quite a lot of issues even making that, so that's as good as it gets. You can always start a new level 0 business though. Perhaps there is some way to add perks in simPE.

Oh ok, guess you can't have everything. I don't think I'll start another business because I prefer home businesses since I want time to pass.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What happens if you don't give the perks to the new owner, but just give the business?

If I remember correctly nothing happens, except everything produced on the lot goes to the new owner. No new perks can be earned.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I want to change the owner of a home business so that a younger sim can also start to build up his business perks. Since "passing on" the perks from sim to sim is way too slow, I usually just shut down the business when it's reached level 10, so the younger sim can start a new one at level 0. But if you have things for sale, this happens. So is there a more convenient way to do this, any mod or cheat, so that I don't have to buy everything again, or mark everything as not for sale and then for sale again?

All the items are sold when doing this because they are set for sale. If you unset them and then pass the business over it will work as you want it to.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2018 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
All the items are sold when doing this because they are set for sale. If you unset them and then pass the business over it will work as you want it to.

Well I know, but I asked for a convenient way to do it. It isn't really convenient when you have hundreds of things for sale.

Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
this happens. So is there a more convenient way to do this, any mod or cheat, so that I don't have to buy everything again, or mark everything as not for sale and then for sale again?