Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 10:33 PM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 10th May 2018 at 12:51 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Jagged edges even if smooth edges is on - Solved
Hello! I think I messed up my anti-aliasing of the game somehow since the edges are jagged even if the smooth setting is on max. I tested the game without mods(download folder was moved to the desktop) so it shouldn't be custom content related. I used to have smooth edges, now I don't. My in game graphic settings are all on high. Could you please help a fellow player? dumb as I am, can't figure it out on my own

My System:
Radeon Software Version - 17.4.1
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Memory Size - 3072 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 900 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

I've edited my s2 quite a lot recently:
I did these things here: http://simscommunity.info/2016/04/2...es-sim-shadows/
Improved the resolution, fixed shadows, enabled smooth edges (so it wasn't gray anymore) - at this point I'm sure the edges were actually smooth

Then I also did these things here to prevent possible crashing: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641 - only after this I think the edges got jagged. I'm not sure at what point I lost the smoothness.

Oh and if it matters, my userstartup looks like this:
#### GUNMOD RLS 2.3 beta ####
ignoreErrors true
boolProp UseShaders true
boolProp specHighlights true
boolProp floorAndWallNormalMapping true
boolProp bumpMapping true
boolProp dontmergenhflora false
boolProp skipTangentsInVertexData false #false for bumpmapping!
uintProp optionLightingQuality 3 #These two lines set the lighting option and
uintProp LightingQuality 3 #the lighting level to MAX (as required)
uintProp LotSkirtSizeIncrease 120
#### END ####

And I have the radiance light mod from here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=192613

That's all the graphics things I can think of. But I can't think of what I did to ruin the smoothness of my game edges. I attached some screenshots. The UI menus are particularly jagged.
Thanks in advance

EDIT: Actually, I think my smooth edges is working... I did some comparison tests between no smooth and max(more) smooth and there was a graphical change. But the UI menus are not smooth. Now that I think about it, are the UI menu edges smooth for anyone? The jagged menu edges bother me but maybe I'm expecting something that sims 2 isn't. I'm so confused what I can expect with the graphics now

EDIT 2: OH. MY. GOD. I truly am stupid. I've spent hours trying to figure this out and ultimately the UI was jagged because in the graphic settings my "UI transparency was set to OFF" so I turned it "ON" and everything is smooth again... Now I will go find an open grave where I can bury myself with my shame
Screenshots