Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2018 at 2:15 AM
Default Elder Sim Stuck On Last Day?
So my elder is 69 days old. And has been for 6 days now. I've tried boolprop force error and tried setting to her birthday. It aged her back to 68 and then she went to 69 the next day and she's been like that ever since. Surely she should be dead by now? She's not permaplat and it looks like maybe theres one day left in the meter, but she won't age, all the other sims are aging as normal. Is this like normal? I have MATY's bulk hacks, but not really anything else apart from general clothing and hair.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th May 2018 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dockamorpher
So my elder is 69 days old. And has been for 6 days now. I've tried boolprop force error and tried setting to her birthday. It aged her back to 68 and then she went to 69 the next day and she's been like that ever since. Surely she should be dead by now? She's not permaplat and it looks like maybe theres one day left in the meter, but she won't age, all the other sims are aging as normal. Is this like normal? I have MATY's bulk hacks, but not really anything else apart from general clothing and hair.

You can try the insiminator and use "Grow up".
Or put her back to adult, then age her up and remove days so she's at the end of her lifespan (and her life).
That could help as it seems that her aging is stuck somehow.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Alchemist
#3 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:36 PM
Is aging on? Are others on the lot aging?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:43 PM
Does this happen with other elder sims? If so, then there's definitely an issue with elder sims transitioning to death, but if not it's just this specific sim that seems to be having an issue. Maybe you can manually kill her by summoning rodney's death creator with testingcheats and selecting death by old age.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:47 PM
Every so often one of my sims just won't age. Usually it's an infant that won't age up. Once I had a kid I forced to age to toddler, but he wouldn't get any older. His cousins grew up and he was still there, looking for a tag partner.

He...uhem..met with an unfortunate end.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:15 PM
something to try might be for the sim to use elixir.
or if you have University, might have the sim drink from the cow plant (Natural Science reward); after sacrificing another character.

some other things to try::
-move the sim to another lot
-kill (any method) then resurrect the sim
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:08 AM
It might be worth looking at the sim in SimPE and seeing how many 'days left' they have.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:21 AM
Wow lots of responses today, thank you guys! She's currently 81 days old but the game still says she's 69. Everyone else is aging fine, her permaplat husband is 81 that's how I know she's that age because they aged the same day. I'm trying to get to the end of his life and then I'll see then if my sims ability to die is messed up.

Okay, interesting discovery @maxon: it says she has 65535 days remaining... I have no idea what's going on oh my God haha

ETA: Her husband says 1 day, so I'm guessing the game just really loves her. That's so weird! Is it safe to just make that a 0 or 1?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:33 AM Last edited by maxon : 17th May 2018 at 2:07 AM.
Okay, interesting discovery @maxon: it says she has 65535 days remaining... I have no idea what's going on oh my God haha

OK well, that's what they get when they die so it looks as though one part of programme thinks she's dead while she ... didn't actually die. If you have a look in her memories, does she have a death token? TBH it sounds like though the age number was changed, the game fluffed giving her a death token.

I think you might change the age back to 0 (the days left is always plus one - so your husband actually has two days to prepare himself) and see if she dies at 6pm. Back up first if you're nervous (back up anyway).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
OK well, that's what they get when they die so it looks as though one part of programme thinks she's dead while she ... didn't actually die. If you have a look in her memories, does she have a death token? TBH it sounds like though the age number was changed but the game fluffed giving her a death token.

I think you might change the age back to 0 (the days left is always plus one - so your husband actually has two days to prepare himself) and see if she dies at 6pm. Back up first if you're nervous (back up anyway).

I see [invisible] ---, [invisible] token- dance skill, [invisible] token - sleep - pajamas, [invisible] moneywell computer, [invisible] ---

I'm about to fire up the game, hopefully her husband dies and doesn't go all haywire like her haha. Or else maybe I have a lazy grim reaper.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:00 AM
I'm about to fire up the game, hopefully her husband dies and doesn't go all haywire like her haha. Or else maybe I have a lazy grim reaper.

He was too busy watching television at someone else's house.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2018 at 4:17 AM Last edited by dockamorpher : 17th May 2018 at 5:09 AM.
Well, guess she's gonna drown. She's still stuck. Husband died of old age and I got my hula zombies and that's all I really ask for. She's not platinum anyway, so mysterious pool incident it is.

Edit: um... So she won't drown. I'm pretty sure she's immortal

edit edit: Also sims can't interact with her. the game must think she's dead. What a mess.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th May 2018 at 11:19 AM
Did you reset her age to 0?

You could use the tombstone to give her a death token. I'm pretty sure that's what she's missing.

I hope you backed up before you started fiddling.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:04 PM Last edited by dockamorpher : 17th May 2018 at 12:35 PM.
I did, yes! Backed up the whole documents sims 2 folder

Putting her to age 0 maes her 68 days old. Ages to 69 and gets stuck, SimPE says the 5000+ days left again

Edit: she's gone! Moved her out and back in and grim came. I realized I hadn't tried that, now I feel silly! Thank you everybody for your help!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:51 PM
Oh god I experienced the exact same problem

no matter how many times i've tried to kill my sim she just won't die..but I finally solved my problem by moving out her out and back in and grimmy appeared immediately!!

although it looks like OP has already solved their problem!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:31 PM
Moving out and moving back in solves a myriad of problems. It's like a sweet spring shower, it just refreshes the game, somehow.

It didn't work when I had my little problem. But then again, he could die, he just couldn't age.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th May 2018 at 6:00 PM
Moving in and out again often resets tokens and other things. That makes sense it worked. I'm glad you solved it.