Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:04 PM Last edited by _Anora_ : 18th May 2017 at 11:31 PM.
Default Fence dimensions are right, but appear wrong - Help!
So, I'm nearly done with this, I think, if I can work out the issue I'm having. The issue is simple. The fence appears too short in-game on the straight and diagonal. I cloned the Stream of Consciousness wall for this project and scrapped the original meshes entirely (I see now that that was an idiot move, but I've uv-mapped and textured the thing now, and I'd like to see if I can get this one to work). I thought it might be a texture issue, but the part of the texture map that applies is mirrored down the middle, so the ends that are meeting should appear seamless. With the straight mesh, if I add .001 cms to either end, the problem disappears (not so with the diagonal mesh). According to both 3DS max and Milkshape, the dimensions match the original meshes exactly. I'm at a complete loss and am attaching pictures and the file for help.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  shrubbyPillarSkirtFence_anora_MTS.rar (103.1 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th May 2017 at 2:13 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 19th May 2017 at 6:24 PM.
If you can also fix the diagonal by adding .002 cms to it, I think I would just add the little bit extra. If not, I have no idea.

EDIT: I just flunked geometry again. Make that the square root of .002.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you can also fix the diagonal by adding .002 cms to it, I think I would just add the little bit extra. If not, I have no idea.

EDIT: I just flunked geometry again. Make that the square root of .002.

I finally managed to bridge the distances and both look all right now. I added .00088 to the end of the meshes. I had to change the decimal place preferences in my modeler from 3 to 5, but that seems to bridge the distance without going too far and giving me z-fighting.