Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 1:29 AM
Default extracting installed sims3pack
hello

maybe I'm posting in the wrong place but I want to ask how to extract or locate sims3pack cc that has been installed in my pc
the thing is I need to edit this accesory as prop for my pose in blender but as I searched the internet to redownload t again but the download link has been dead and I'm stuck figuring it out
I tried S3OP but it can only cloned base game objects and EP's, it can't locate the installed CC sims3pack (or maybe it can, I don't know how)
is it possible or no?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 3:11 AM
The Sims3pack content is in a combined form in the DCCache, with "Backup" files with hexadecimal ("Alphabet soup") names stored in DCBackup.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The Sims3pack content is in a combined form in the DCCache, with "Backup" files with hexadecimal ("Alphabet soup") names stored in DCBackup.

i see, so is it impossible?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 12:31 PM
Well yes. only if it was a sims3pack. Sims3packs are basically 'zip' files for the game, and the game will unpack them. All sims3packs have packages in them and the game stores them in the DCBackup, like Ghost sdoj mentioned
But uhm... if you installed tons of sims3packs through the launcher... it's gonna take a while to find the correct package. If I'm right, the names are basically 64 hexes (if that says something to you ) So yep it used to be a name, then... the game gave it a new name which I guess is the reason why people rename their packages nowadays to make the game to read it faster.

Anyway, so basically what you want to do is:

- go to your DCbackup folder and find the download you're looking for.
(to find the download, you could open the MLOD/MODL files if you have S3PE's addon plugins, else I would try to focus on the IMG files)
-Close the package and copy paste it in your work folder
-Now open it in TSRW or CTU or whatever program you prefer to use and there ya go! You can now edit the mesh, textures, etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Well yes. only if it was a sims3pack. Sims3packs are basically 'zip' files for the game, and the game will unpack them. All sims3packs have packages in them and the game stores them in the DCBackup, like Ghost sdoj mentioned
But uhm... if you installed tons of sims3packs through the launcher... it's gonna take a while to find the correct package. If I'm right, the names are basically 64 hexes (if that says something to you ) So yep it used to be a name, then... the game gave it a new name which I guess is the reason why people rename their packages nowadays to make the game to read it faster.

Anyway, so basically what you want to do is:

- go to your DCbackup folder and find the download you're looking for.
(to find the download, you could open the MLOD/MODL files if you have S3PE's addon plugins, else I would try to focus on the IMG files)
-Close the package and copy paste it in your work folder
-Now open it in TSRW or CTU or whatever program you prefer to use and there ya go! You can now edit the mesh, textures, etc.

ehm.. the thing is I always delete the content of DCbackup folder leaving only ccmerged.package file (you know one of those tips to run sims 3 faster) so there are no backup left in DCbackup folder, my guess is those ccs are already integrated somewhere in the base game file, it wouldn't be hard to identify the hexes strings since I can right click the CAS part in NRAAS master controller CAS mode, but i can't locate it even using S3OC
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 5:12 PM
I always use Sims3PackMultiInstaller.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 10:24 AM
I'm not sure, but maybe S3OC only reads ".package" type files?
Since your Sims3packs, once installed, get merged into ".dbc" files, that might be why you can't locate anything using S3OC?

But you could try using S3PE to open your ".dbc" files and try to locate the right files inside using the Instance Number you got from Nraas MasterController?
This way, you'll most likely find the CASP file for your accessory, and from there you can try to find all the other files linked in the CASP and extract them to a new package that you'll be able to clone/edit? See if it works that way?

Last resort, you can try to post in the WCIF forum and see if we are able to find a working link for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
I'm not sure, but maybe S3OC only reads ".package" type files?
Since your Sims3packs, once installed, get merged into ".dbc" files, that might be why you can't locate anything using S3OC?

But you could try using S3PE to open your ".dbc" files and try to locate the right files inside using the Instance Number you got from Nraas MasterController?
This way, you'll most likely find the CASP file for your accessory, and from there you can try to find all the other files linked in the CASP and extract them to a new package that you'll be able to clone/edit? See if it works that way?

Last resort, you can try to post in the WCIF forum and see if we are able to find a working link for you.

hey..! that might work, but how do you unmerged or extract the package with s3pe, I only know how to merged the file but I have no idea ho to unmerged or extract it
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 3:50 PM
Fair warning, I've never used this method for anything more than makeup that get attached to ".sim" files, which don't require meshes or anything like that, so I don't know how full-proof this will be.
But to extract a file using S3PE, it's as simple as right-clicking the file > Export > To file...
When you have all your resource files extracted, you can create a New file in S3PE and import all of them to save them as a new package.

This is really tedious and as I haven't used this method thoroughly, I can't guarantee success.
That's one of the reason I always store individual packages somewhere when possible, because if I want to edit them or delete them, I can always use the non-merged packages and non-installed Sims3packs.