Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 6:14 PM
Default Update: 10/17/2017 – PC Version 1.35.10.1010 / Mac Version 1.35.10.1210
Update: 10/17/2017 – PC Version 1.35.10.1010 / Mac Version 1.35.10.1210

Hey Simmers,

This update brings with it an update to the Holiday Celebration Pack – Diwali!

9 new objects and 7 new Create a Sim assets to help you celebrate Diwali.

You will need to download the Holiday Celebration Pack (if you have not already done so), completely free, in order to access these new assets. Just click on the Holiday Celebration Pack from the Main menu “Your Collection” section, and add it to your game… freely free!

Once in game, you can find them by looking for the Holiday Pack filter in Create a Sim and Build Mode.

New Create a Sim assets in the Holiday Celebration Pack:

Full body outfits for adults
Full body outfits for children
A female child earring accessory
Adult, female hair
Child, female hair

New objects in the Holiday Celebration Pack:

Diya, a clay lamp
3 rangoli inspired rugs, each with several colorful patterns
A 3x3 grid of candle lights that you can place on top of other objects, such as the rangoli inspired rugs.
Warning: The placement of open flames on top of your favorite rug is NOT recommended in the IRL dream.
4 different wall hanging string “not real but they do glow like they were real” lights, that can be mixed, matched, and overlapped to create interesting displays of festive (not) lights.

And, a couple Issues

We addressed an issue that resulted in some GeForce 1080 TI and 1060 users receiving an “Unrecognized Video Card” error message upon launch.
Seated Sims directed to wash dishes should no longer prioritize counter sinks over stand-alone sinks regardless of distance or complex route path to sink.
If I could somehow describe the video attached with this issue, I could paint a picture of the directorial debut of an up and coming film genius!
ZZ, we in the dev studio congratulate you, on your issue-videography skills!

And to everyone else…

We’re feline’ pretty good. Our catitude is pawsitive, and in just a mew short weeks, you too can have in your pawssession, the purrfect companion fur your Sims. I know, we want it in our cat-alog meow, but patience, fleas, all good things in mew time.

Until then, don’t worry about who’s got your tongue, the bag is just fine being empty, and one day we’ll catch curiosity and lock him up for what he’s done!

-SimGuruGnome

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 6:25 PM
Quote:
A 3x3 grid of candle lights

Welcome to TS4

Jokes aside, I'm seriously surprised they added a Hindu festival as free content. I mean Halloween and Christmas are really common and even though not everyone celebrates it people still know what it is. I would guess only a small amount knows about Hindu festivals. I'm wondering why they didn't go with something more common, like a Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve setting instead. I'm not saying it's bad to add such content, though. Not at all. Just curious why they decided to go that way.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:33 PM
I thought the singular set of NINE of the SAME candle was stupid too, but let’s appreocate those wall lights for a second. Great sized, great shapes... no other colors, though.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
We’re feline’ pretty good. Our catitude is pawsitive, and in just a mew short weeks, you too can have in your pawssession, the purrfect companion fur your Sims. I know, we want it in our cat-alog meow, but patience, fleas, all good things in mew time.

Until then, don’t worry about who’s got your tongue, the bag is just fine being empty, and one day we’ll catch curiosity and lock him up for what he’s done!

It's clear that two separate gurus wrote these jokes, the latter of which is actually slightly clever; the former is just annoying AF. :\

the last line of jokes actually make you *think* for a millisecond about the reference origin, the first bit are just really shitty puns they've already used a million times.
Icy Spicy
#5 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 12:17 AM Last edited by icemunmun : 19th Oct 2017 at 1:20 AM.
Some of the CAS items are really well made. And the fairy lights in different sizes are versatile. So are the floor decals/rangolis. And for obvious reasons I love the diya :lovestruc
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 1:01 AM
Honestly, I really love these. The textures on the adult outfits truly suck - but the meshes are so beautiful and something I was upset wasn't done well in City Living.
More of this please Eaxis, and less rando, mismatch nothingness you doled out in that Expansion.

Surprised they did Diwali myself, but they already did a Spooky pack, and the Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos. That about covers the 'recognizable' holidays of this season... aside from Turkey Day.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:31 PM
What did they break now?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 3:09 PM
Please somebody tell me there isn't another swarming of Jasmine Holidays to go along with this holiday-themed update? Because that stuff is scaaaary.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
Please somebody tell me there isn't another swarming of Jasmine Holidays to go along with this holiday-themed update? Because that stuff is scaaaary.
If I recall correctly then that only happens for the temporary challenge events (Spring Challenge, Triple Boost Week, Day Of The Dead etc). The Holiday Celebration Pack only adds holiday-specific content that's available for unlimited time.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Welcome to TS4

Jokes aside, I'm seriously surprised they added a Hindu festival as free content. I mean Halloween and Christmas are really common and even though not everyone celebrates it people still know what it is. I would guess only a small amount knows about Hindu festivals. I'm wondering why they didn't go with something more common, like a Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve setting instead. I'm not saying it's bad to add such content, though. Not at all. Just curious why they decided to go that way.

Because it was Diwali on Wednesday, the day they release the patch? They were probably looking for extra things to do since they only have little bug fix on the patch date, and since its Diwali, they added those in. Plus Hindus are about 15-16 percent of the world population, majority living in Asia. 15% is a significant percentage.

As for Halloween, its obvious they are not gonna brutalize the sales of their Spooky Pack by adding in free Halloween contents. And V-Day and New Year, well... It's October.
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:32 AM
Diwali is today! I can hear fireworks outside my window. I think the stuff is great. I think its great to have diversity in the game. I might even use some of the items.
Theorist
#12 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I might even use some of the items.

kinda sad this generation of the sims has us to the point where we kinda think we might use some of the items in an update xD

I have to say though these ones are quite well done. It's amazing what they can do when they base cultural items off an actual culture instead of the terrible, imaginary non-culture of City Living.