Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 2:51 PM
Default Crashing - Corrupt Files? Advice please
Hi

I have been having problems with my game crashing on and off for a while now. I have tried just about every suggestion on the web,

It didn't happen all the time, like last weekend It played fine but this weekend..well its crash central. Particularly when saving (typical) and travelling.

After reinstalling my game for the second time, I decided I would try starting from scratch and leave my other saves somewhere safe for now.

As it goes, it seems to be working fine now. But...I don't want to start all over again, I want my old sims back! After all I have been playing for a total of over 500 hours!..what a waste...

I am guessing there is some corruption somewhere in my old files or it has become too overpopulated by townies or something?...my question is, is there any way I can fix my old files?

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 6:21 PM
Last time my game crashed, I reinstalled and it crashed again. After calling EA, I was directed to try this first:

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/0...t-reinstalling/

It's a lot easier and faster than reinstalling and it guides you as to which files to put back in which order. I was instructed to close down Origin between installing folders/files and start it up again (make sure Origin is OFF by checking your active tray at the bottom of your computer screen or by using the start task manager. The last file I put in was my mods file with all my cc stuff in it and that's where the problem was. Luckily, when it comes to cc, I only add a little at a time and anything I am still checking out, gets an "A" in front of the sub-folder so I can keep track of the items I'm testing. Sure enough, it was one of those "A" items that caused the game to crash.

The whole process was not very time consuming at all and I know if I have a problem again, I would use the above method before reinstalling.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 8:23 PM
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't think it is my mods folder as at first when my game started crashing, this was the folder I was testing. I took my whole mods folder out in the end, and it still crashed.

I now have my mods folder in my 'new' game and there's no problems.

This is so ridiculous for a new game

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...