Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#1126 Old 15th May 2009 at 4:26 PM
So, Ruby was the bad guy(err girl) after all...

and god has left the building. wtf?!
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#1127 Old 15th May 2009 at 4:36 PM
*falls off chair laughing*
Castiel, I love you! God boy comes through at last!
And Jesus Christ, Zachariah is a such douche. Honestly, I knew this whole thing turned political ages ago, but to just flat out go "Let's just decimate the population and then it'll be heaven" is frankly stupid. Of course decimating the population would make things work better, economically. And also, weren't the angels all emoing about the fact that God liked humans better? Why the hell did God then put angels in charge of protecting humans?! And I knew it! I always knew there was something off about this whole thing - after all, Zachariah is hardly compassionate.

That said - Dean and Sam.... AW!
Dean - I know what John did to him (raising him like a soldier instead of a child) was atrocious, but you can see how it works out so much better than Sam's upbringing. He gets offered everything and his response is to run off an save the people, as always. That phone call to Sam was so touching, too.

Sam - I know I've been bitching about Sam and he did just fail epically, but he really did think he was doing the right thing. However, to trust Ruby over Dean... and furthermore, after hearing that warped voice message, to believe that was Dean (I mean, Dean sold his soul to save Sam, come on, he's not gonna hunt him down)... he's still in my bad books.

Bobby - always awesome.

Ruby - I knew it, I knew she was a bitch, I knew she was manipulating, I knew she was in cahoots with Lilith... just was wrong in thinking she was Lilith :P

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Mad Poster
#1128 Old 16th May 2009 at 4:42 AM
Yay for the brief return of Chuck! I laughed when I saw him. And his phonecall = .
I was so giddy when Castiel came and helped Dean. Though at first I got the wrong idea when he cut his wrist. It looked exactly like what Ruby (stupid cow) did before Sam latched on. Misha played his character very well in this episode.
Zachariah was a total tool. He isn't like an angel. He's evil and coniving and, even though angels feel no emotion, he shows no remorse towards killing the entire world. Instead he was happy about it, which is just not cool.
I thought the phone call Dean made to Sam was really sweet (well, not in the conventional sense, but since when were the Winchesters conventional?)
I really liked Bobby in this episode, even though his role in it was fairly brief. He talked some much needed sense into Dean. Then again, Bobby has always been a pretty excellent character.
Now Ruby...gah! I haaaaate her. In fact, I only ever really *liked* her was right at the beginning when we first met her. Well, actually, that was before we knew what she was. I can't believe it though! She's so horrible. I'm glad she got what was coming to her, even if it was too late.
Forum Resident
#1129 Old 16th May 2009 at 11:19 AM
I still have doubts that Castiel helping Dean to get out of the "green room" was part of the "big plan".
Instructor
#1130 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:20 PM
*da da is breathing life into this dead thread*

Awwz, I miss this thread. We were one happy family, no?

Anyway, any one hear that Season 5 will be the last! I agree that it can't become an "oh, look! Sam and Dean are killing some monsters again on episode 12 of Season 8! Goodie" But I will miss them. Pathetic, I know. But when you have followed these boys and you know them like your best friend you feel a little sad. :'(

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Forum Resident
#1131 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:35 PM
Yeah, this thread kinda died...

I will miss them too.
Mad Poster
#1132 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:10 PM
I feel like such a horrible fan. I haven't even watched the last two episodes of season four yet! I was swamped when they were aired and vowed to watch them on Surf the Channel when my schedule freed up, but I never got around to it and sort of lost interest. Then I decided to rewatch Heroes from the start and got invested in that instead, and when I saw Star Trek my love of Jensen was immediately replaced by a desire to tie Chris Pine up in my basement, and now I'm not even sure if I'll watch season five...

*iz ashamed*

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Instructor
#1133 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:53 AM
*gasp* You SHOULD be ashamed!

Nah, J/K. You are still a fan. Maybe if you watched an ep or read a review or watched an interview it will make you more interested. And you have to watch Season 5. I don't think I've ever known a bigger SN fan.

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Forum Resident
#1134 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by x-tashi-x
I don't think I've ever known a bigger SN fan.

Me either, hope you join us in season 5.
Mad Poster
#1135 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 8:10 PM
At least half of my love of the show stems from the delicious man candy, and now that someone new has captured my attention, it's not nearly as interesting, to me. I already watch too many shows as it is, and I have an incredible course load and volunteer schedule next year, so I'm thinking that it's better to let it go. If I didn't have to watch it online, it would be easier.

You think I'm a big SN fan? Some of the women on LJ scare me with their knowledge of the show, not to mention with the things they vow to do to Jensen and Jared :P...

Forum Resident
#1136 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 2:17 PM
I swear the Star Trek movie is like a love spell or something, girls and women all over the world are falling in love with Kirk and Spock. Most of them have never even seen the original episodes.

I'm going to miss reading your posts and plans for some Jensen kidnapping.
Mad Poster
#1137 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 4:33 AM
Even though I love the show, I've been rewatching season 4 on TV and I'm finding myself enjoying the show less and less. I've gathered a new obsession with a different show now, so I don't know if I want to keep on watching Supernatural in season 5.
Test Subject
#1138 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 7:48 AM
On Next Year?
I love this show, as well. Has anyone heard whether it'll be on next year? I was wondering if the VAMPIRE CHRONICLES was replacing Supernatural?
Forum Resident
#1139 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:42 PM
Supernatural Season 5 is supposedly going to air on September 10 this year.
Mad Poster
#1140 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
Even though I love the show, I've been rewatching season 4 on TV and I'm finding myself enjoying the show less and less. I've gathered a new obsession with a different show now, so I don't know if I want to keep on watching Supernatural in season 5.

My sentiments exactly. Heroes has become my show du jour.

By the way, I love your avvie! I'm an avid Lost fan and Richard is quite possibly the most intriguing character on the show, in my opinion. I want a Richard-centric episode, because I'm dying to know about his immortality.

Mad Poster
#1141 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:45 AM
Has Supernatural been gaining or losing popularity lately in America? I know a few people who watch it here who don't like the whole angel apocalypse storyline, so I'm wondering if similar is happening elsewhere.

Off topic: Lost is my new TV obsession. I love love love Richard as well, Rabid, though my absolute favourite character is Desmond. I would also love an episode which focuses just on Richard.
Top Secret Researcher
#1142 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:30 AM
I have watched two episodes, but it doesn't keep my interest to watch week after week.
One thing that I have to say is,
Padalecki is offically cool.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
Original Poster
#1143 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 7:18 AM
I don't know, Heroes lost its appeal for me once all the characters' IQ points dropped by about a 100 and you just ended up with a bunch of idiots with superpowers, and Sylar.
I swear, he's the only character who behaved somewhat near intelligently in the last volume and unfortunately, he's the serial killer. I don't know... maybe it's just Darwinism in action.

Forum Resident
#1144 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 11:29 AM
For me, Heroes got boring after saving the world for the third time and counting...

By world I mean America of course.
Mad Poster
#1145 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:23 PM Last edited by Rabid : 26th Jul 2009 at 9:51 PM. Reason: grammar fail
Quote: Originally posted by Alissa888
I don't know, Heroes lost its appeal for me once all the characters' IQ points dropped by about a 100 and you just ended up with a bunch of idiots with superpowers, and Sylar.
I swear, he's the only character who behaved somewhat near intelligently in the last volume and unfortunately, he's the serial killer. I don't know... maybe it's just Darwinism in action.

I'm kind of hesitant about the next volume. Nathan is one of my top three characters on the show, and I was even sadder to see him killed because he and Peter have such a multi-faceted, wonderfully acted relationship. I know that Adrian Pasdar will be back, but Sylar will be inhabiting Nathan's body, so it's not the same. Sylar is the best thing about Heroes, and since the next volume is called Redemption, I don't want to see him redeemed. He couldn't redeem himself when it came to Elle and he ended up killing her- I don't think he can end up being normal (his mom screwed him up too much with the "special"), and I don't want him to. I like him just the awesomely sinister serial killer he is.

And DOWN WITH MATT PARKMAN! I can't remember the last time he was of any importance or served a beneficial function to the show. Down with Tracy/Niki/Jessica/whoever the hell she is, too. I'll never forgive Matt for what he did to Sylar. I could do away with all of the characters other than Peter, Nathan, Sylar, Hiro & Ando, HRG, and Angela.

Back on topic- OH. MY. GOD.

I was in California with my family and we took a studio tour of the Warner Brothers lot in Burbank. At the end of the tour, the tram stops in a museum containing costumes and props from various notable Warner Brothers productions. Imagine my utter delight to find that the trademark Supernatural costumes (Dean's green jacket and black shirt, Sam's ubiquitous tan jacket) are in that museum! Touching is prohibited, but I was sneaky and touched the sleeve of Dean's jacket, so I have now touched something that Jensen Ackles has touched. I know that the boys are tall, but in person, their costumes seem like they tower over you.

I guess this just goes to show that you can take the fangirl out of the show, but you can't take the show out of the fangirl .

Scholar
Original Poster
#1146 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:46 PM
Nathan is also one of my favourites (I hate the way it happened too, and my God, how stupid is Angela, standing there with Claire and her raise-the-dead blood and not doing anything, when using Parkman to control Nathan would be far less dangerous than using Parkman to control Sylar, who by the way, has thus far retaliated really, very badly to control, taking Angela, his mother and Arthur as case studies. I get that HRG had a reason to keep Nathan dead, but seriously... idiots) because he's such a complex, multilayered character. I also loved Elle, and I also love Sylar (and Adam, and Claude... and Kring clearly has a habit of offing my favourites).

And yes, Sylar is absolute gold as he is - I love the way Zachary Quinto can effortlessly switch between charming, normal and sociable to terrifying, monstrous and insane. It's just the way he is and the way he does things and the thing is, he's such a wonderful mind screw character (his games with Claire at the end of Villains, for example) that it's a crime to subdue him into Nathan's persona. As for Redemption... I think there's a part of Sylar that does want normalcy; he tried to kill himself after Brian Davis, he wanted normalcy with Elle (I think he killed her because her games never stopped and unlike him, she never knew how to be normal) and his friendship with Mohinder and how desperately he was trying when Angela tried to adopt him. However, I think, with the hunger and all, he's able to justify all the atrocities he does, and so, though he wants normalcy, he doesn't see what he did as monstrous. Redemption... lol, more like rehabilitation without guilt for Sylar.

Back to topic.

OMG, jealous! You actually - actually, actually - touched the jacket? OMG! Did it smell like him? Lol, I officially sound obsessed. Hmm.... I wonder how many copies of the same costume they have to buy, given that, with the action scenes and the blood/goo splatter would ruin the costumes and so they'd need lots of copies to reshoot?

Mad Poster
#1147 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:52 PM
Yup, I actually touched it. I couldn't get close enough to smell the material because there was a red velvet rope around all of the props and costumes on display, but being the badass that I am, I reached over the rope to touch it. I wonder how many different copies of the same clothing they have, too, especially because the boys wear the same articles of clothing more than once throughout the course of the show. Sam's tan jacket has cropped up numerous times, for example, and surely they must have multiples, because it's inevitable that fake blood has gotten on it at some point.

P.S.- I'm quoting your Heroes stuff in the Heroes thread, 'cause I want to respond but I don't want to muck up the SPN thread anymore .

Scholar
Original Poster
#1148 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 7:26 PM
I wonder if fake blood can be washed off clothes... would cut back on expenditure, I'd imagine.

Anyway! New season, anyone watched the first ep?

1) Discontinuity error over the whole Bobby thing.

2) Oh, my God... I love those boys, by seesh they could use some wisening up. Come on, Cas figured out that only an angel could kill another angel, Zachariah then lets the cat out of the bag about bringing apocalypse to town, but still says that someone has to defeat Lucifer, and then points out that Lucifer is still an angel.... and they don't figure out that they're gonna need an angel to kill Lucifer? Why, boys?

Mad Poster
#1149 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 11:01 PM
Yep, I watched it, even though I said I probably wouldn't watch it.

In relation to the whole Bobby thing, I thought that had something to prevent possession. Y'know how the boys have those tattoos? But whatever, apparently not, even though you would assume that Bobby, who is a skilled and experienced hunter, would be smart enough to have something like that.

Oh, and Zachariah is the biggest prick. I know that the angels aren't meant to be all halos and whatnot, but still! Shooting Sam in the leg? Getting rid of his lungs? Giving Dean stomach cancer? Even though he took the afflictions away, I'm sure that killing Dean's brother would have totally made him want to help the angels.

I wish the boys were smarter again. In first and second season they were really smart about all their hunts, but then as the angels and demons storyline developed more they've seem to have lost a couple of brain cells.

Oh, and any lovers of Jared or just in need of a laugh should definitely check this out: Clickie!
Forum Resident
#1150 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 9:15 AM
Kinda stupid that angels, demons and Lucifer need human vessels. God will probably need one too. That's so lame.

Loved the fangirl. The mockery is absolutely delicious.
Now I'm off to watch yesterday's episode.
Page 46 of 46