Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 9:16 PM
Doesnt have to be more in general, could just be different things.

Imaginary friend wasnt that interesting for example.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 10:20 PM
Androids. In both TS2 and TS3, I've occasionally turned SimBots into SimDroids. It would be cool if they could repair and upgrade themselves and expose their inner mechanisms like those Terminator movies. Also link themselves with machines and such.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Androids. In both TS2 and TS3, I've occasionally turned SimBots into SimDroids. It would be cool if they could repair and upgrade themselves and expose their inner mechanisms like those Terminator movies. Also link themselves with machines and such.

I like the way you think.

I did something similar with different kinds of custom robots, and the SimPE way to make human looking servos. It's kind of weird to pretend default servos, cylon centurions, HK-47s and a few kinds of sims with robotic skins all belong to the same universe, but it can do the trick.

Although I don't really like the "robots that aspire to be human" narrative very much, the idea of "evolving" robots would be so much fun on a Sims game.
Inventor
#29 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 11:28 PM
I prefer classic monster movie/X-Files/Supernatural/Halloween monsters (Lagoon dude, living scarecrows, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, mummies, zombies, witches, skeletons, etc) to fantasy creatures like centaurs, minotaurs, orcs, etc honestly. There are a few exceptions, those being mermaids, fairies, fauns, and elves.

I just don't really see the appeal of a centaur running around in my game. I already had that in Sims 3 and it was not something that I really cared for.

I just wish that they'd give us some creatures but also give us a way of building our own monsters/races. I mean, if we can now mold our sims like "clay" why not allow us to create our own monsters with recolorable skins, eye types, adjustable horns, different teeth, ear types, etc?

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
I prefer classic monster movie/X-Files/Supernatural/Halloween monsters (Lagoon dude, living scarecrows, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, mummies, zombies, witches, skeletons, etc) to fantasy creatures like centaurs, minotaurs, orcs, etc honestly. There are a few exceptions, those being mermaids, fairies, fauns, and elves.

Totally agree! And honestly only creatures I need are witches, vampires and aliens. But living scarecrows would be cool as NPCs that would scare your sims.
Inventor
#31 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 8:43 PM
In my opinion, the Imaginary Friend could have been a lot cooler than how it was implemented. I saw where they were going with it because it seemed like it was clearly a Calvin and Hobbes type of territory they were going for with a Pinocchio twist at the end. Unfortunately, they gave the IF a clownish appearance, a swagger that was too similar to the "I just had a fantastic woohoo" walk, and completed it with Creepy Lifeless Doll Face.

If it had been that Mr. Snugglesworth turned into a giant teddy bear that only the child could see, I would have liked it a LOT better. Heck, even skin a few different outfits and they could have made the IF into a bear, fox, bunny, dragon, raccoon, etc doll that came to life. It could have had a lot more variety.

Instead, we got the creepy clown doll.

I usually take all the dolls and "bury" them under the floorboards of my houses a la moveobjects and a foundation.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Alchemist
#32 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 8:47 PM
I drop my IFs off at the local art gallery.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 11:27 PM
The EA sims team! They could be a creature in all of themselves as they suck talent out of everything and kill sims games.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 6:13 PM
eh, what they did to the sims isnt nearly as bad as what EA did with other franchises. The overpriced sims store is the worst thing they did with sims3, offering content there for rediculous prices that should just be in the game and its expansions.

Standard EA policy to kill whatever it touches. Ask Westwood, Bullfrog and soon to be deceased Bioware who used to make triple A games that got showered in rewards, untill EA happened.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#35 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One

Standard EA policy to kill whatever it touches. Ask Westwood, Bullfrog and soon to be deceased Bioware who used to make triple A games that got showered in rewards, untill EA happened.
There is still some hope for Bioware. It all depends on if Dragon Age: Inquisition hits it out of the park or not.

I can see why EA would want to buy out companies like Bioware, because they make great games. But if it were up to me, I'd buy them, increase their budgets, and them leave them the hell alone. They were doing just fine before, so let them continue what they are doing.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat

This would make me consider picking up the game on release day. I like that.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 9:36 AM
Well it could be nice if you'd have all kinds of stages of robotics, allowing sims to slowly turn themselves more robotic through various stages.

And as I said in my initial post, each upgrade replacing a trait to represent loss of humanity. They'd still be social like other sims, just less quirky.

It could start with a sim enchanting themselves with some mechanical chips, and further upgrading themselves down the line. Would be cool if you could choose the visual upgrades yourself or choose to not have visual effects at all. Each stage could add more drastic robotic options to their character creation. A robotic arm or leg could replace the clothing they wear over that arm, unless its just a retexture of the skin.

Something similar could be done with biochemical upgrades, turning a sim into a monster instead of a robot through various stages. This could add more and more monstrous visual effects to character creation such as sharp teeth, snake eyes, claws, furr, reptile skin, as well as extending the range of some body sliders to inhuman possibilities. Would give the earlier mentioned monster maker.

Would be fun if both turning a sim into a robot or a monster could be done against their will. (by the player only of course) so you could have a real frankenstein in your town.
Page 2 of 2