Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#101 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MuletotheFoxxes
Ah but I'm pretty sure their official reason for enforced Origin is to make sure you're playing a legitimate game. There are plenty of people who are still content with Sims 1 and 2, sticking with Origin will loose them sales. Adding Steam as an option well I'm sure I'm not the only one that would find that a good alternative. So if they added steam, they would gain sales. Not to mention all the steam players who have no other real exposure to sims and so might be enticed into buying it. So forcing us to use Origin is a real bad idea on their part when there are other options.
The actual reason for enforced Origin rather than Steam is that Origin was created as a competitor to Steam. Steam would have huge discounted sales, like up to 75% off, and EA wasn't happy with that, claiming it "lowered the value of IP". Let's say there is a game on both Origin and Steam. Both sell for 50 bucks. You buy from Steam, Ea gets a cut of that, Steam gets the rest. You buy from Origin, EA gets ALL of it.

Besides that, if you are not playing a legitimate game to begin with, it would most likely include a workaround of some kind to the enforced Origin thing. They have them for SimsCity. I don't condone piracy at all, so that isn't an option.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#102 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:32 PM
sushigal, I wouldn't mind if the option just wasn't there until later, and what you mention makes sense. It's the graying out that bothers me. Maybe it's petty, but I hope they implement that differently.
Alchemist
#103 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MuletotheFoxxes
Ah but I'm pretty sure their official reason for enforced Origin is to make sure you're playing a legitimate game.

The crackers will have that cracked within a day of release if not before release lmao
Alchemist
#104 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
The crackers will have that cracked within a day of release if not before release lmao

Say crack again.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 4:42 PM
Dealbreakers for me include the emotion system, CASt, and open worlds. Another dealbreaker is how cartoony 4's sims look. (Truthfully, to me, 4's just looking like a more shiney 2)
Theorist
#106 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Rather than viewing this as what would be a dealbreaker to buying into 4, how about what does EA need to show me to get me to buy 4? Why assume that just because I play 3, that I will automatically be a 4 customer?

How about EA actually selling me a game I can be excited to play? A game that builds on the good things that already exist in the franchise, and take it up to the next level in development? I mean, if EA really NEEDED to sell me this game, instead of assuming I'll buy in just because it's a Sims game, and it has a few features I might like, then we never would have seen a sneak peek launch like the "pre-alpha leak" at a venue as important as gamescon with less than a year left on the release clock..

So I have no dealbreakers. I have features in 3 that are important if I'm going to even consider trying out 4, like the open world and the ease of customization that a tool like CAST provides. I do not want to have to play an online component in this game, so no "unlocks" that require such participation. Otherwise, show me something that gets me excited for this game. Try SELLING me. And that doesn't mean spin. It means concrete, quantifiable measures that reflect what game play will be like in this new Sims universe, not concept art, or staged renderings of activities. I won't buy based on a commercial.

So really, the ball is back in EA's hands. Show me a game that advances this genre and I'll be at the head of the pack as an early adopter. But do not assume that if you give me a few items off some checklist that I'm an easy sale, and will put up with many of the shortcomings that occurred with the development and release of 3 and the its EP collection. Not again.

Well said. However, no CASt is a deal breaker for me as I've said before.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 5 of 5