Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 6:06 PM
Default Simlish interface options along with dropdown for easy language switch (the simlish being extra)?
It would be nice to have the option to have the game interface in simlish...
With two simlish options:
English-simlish (simlish with English letters)
full Simlish (Simlish with ...Simlish... letters)
Does anyone else think that it would be nice if these were language options with an in-game language dropdown that has:
1. other languages for easy language switch without external tools
2. two extra languages, the above ones.
The drop-down would be somewhere (...don't ask me where...) in the options.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 7:04 PM
How are we supposed to understand what the game says? Let's just say we're already familiar with all the needs, skill names, and everything in the game. Changing the letters to Simlish doesn't make it more fun. Just imagine your game in Japanese, Thai, Russian, Sanskrit, or whatever language you're not familiar with. We'll end up getting confused.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 7:10 PM
Clearly you have never accidentaly changed your cellphone's language to hindi, russian or greek. Otherwise, you'd see why this is a bad idea.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nissun
Clearly you have never accidentaly changed your cellphone's language to hindi, russian or greek. Otherwise, you'd see why this is a bad idea.

I'm almost 17, and no, I do not have a cell phone to begin with... How do you accidentally change a language anyway?
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rexydallas
I'm almost 17, and no, I do not have a cell phone to begin with... How do you accidentally change a language anyway?

Your parents are doing it right.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 7:57 PM
By trying to change the spellcheck from US English to UK English and getting things wrong, by having a cat roll around on it, by handing it to a small child to keep them quiet for ten damn minutes while you try and fill in an important form, by sitting down with it in your pocket... the possibilities are endless.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
by having a cat roll around on it

Whenever my cat walk through my keyboard, I discover some shortcut key combinations that I never knew exist.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
By trying to change the spellcheck from US English to UK English and getting things wrong, by having a cat roll around on it, by handing it to a small child to keep them quiet for ten damn minutes while you try and fill in an important form, by sitting down with it in your pocket... the possibilities are endless.

...doing it on purpose just to see what happens...

Yeah it was not as fun as I thought it would be.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by taoyingying
Whenever my cat walk through my keyboard, I discover some shortcut key combinations that I never knew exist.

I never seem to catch mine at it, but I know she does it, as I find her hair in interesting places.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 1:23 PM Last edited by DrVintage : 7th Sep 2013 at 1:25 PM. Reason: writing on a mobile is hard
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Your parents are doing it right.

Im 15 and I have a mobile phone but in not alowed to go out after 6:00 pm without an adult

I remembered that on April fools my brother chaged the language on my phone to chinese it took me an hour to make it right again

If you change the writing to englishsimish whatabout t-shirts would there be 15options just so a shirt will have the same message but with japanese Chinese and russian caracters think about it