Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 1:34 PM
Default content packages from other EA franchises.
I remember that for sims 1 there was a package containing bodies and heads from the command & conquer series. Personly I really liked the idea of it, and the costumes where well made. Great for army sims and criminal sims back then.

Seeing how they will likely throw us to death with content packages in the sims store again, (hopefully for normal prices this time, a quarter of current prices would be appropriate to the given content) What about them doing more with this?
This way we can actually benefit from EA having controll over so many franchises instead of mourn the days that succesfull companies became their puppets.

Here are some ideas for such content packages, to show the potential of it. they have the licenses anyways, so they should put em to good use.

-Mass Effect package.
Contains a few outfits, but also wallpapers, doors, windows, a computer, a TV, an omni tool and various other futuristic items seen in the mass effect games.
Would work great with other futuristic items which tend to pop up in the franchise.

-Command and conquer package.
Millitairy costumes, a GDI Humvee, a NOD buggy and bike, banners and other items.

-Dungeon keeper package.
I assume basements will be back, and maybe exploreable dungeons as well. Considering theres already similarities with dungeon keeper, why not release a content pack with the proper items? Might also be a good way to see how popular this franchise still is so they might make a HD version of these old games.
Content could be doors, wallpapers, floor tiles, workshop table that works as an inventors workbench, various traps, statues, pillars, bookcases, unique beds, warlock costume, mistress costume, black knight armor, rogue costume, vampire costumes, etc.

-Need for speed package.
Contains various sports cars seen in the most recent need for speed game.

With star wars they could even make an entire spin off in that setting, and it would sell like crazy.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 2:06 PM
The only thing they really tried with this idea was the Plants VS Zombies stuff, which.. well I mean tbh was a bit of a bad marketing move (obviously they thought "Mobile games = win! Lets bring THOSE customers!") without thinking of the bigger picture. PC Gamers are more likely to want stuff from other PC games, obviously -- why do you think 3to2 and other conversions into the simsniverse are so popular?!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 2:50 PM
@InhumanOne - the ability to slap one's minions. YES.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 2:55 PM
Honestly, this idea doesn't thrill me. I can see content from other games quickly turning TS4 into one giant advert for everything else.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 4:34 PM
Plants vs zombies was poorly chosen, doesnt work with the sims at all.

Personly I dont mind content from other games being used as an advert. It would likely mean they can give us the content cheaper or even for free since its part of marketing. They have done it with the sims since sims 1 after all.
Mac Donald vendor cart, Diesel accesoires, H&M clothing, Ikea furniture, Renault cars, etc. Might as well do it with their other franchises as well. Franchises that work with the sims.

If they wanted to do something with plants vs zombies they could have just added an arcade game to the sims 3 where sims can play the game.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 5:13 PM
Remember, they did give us Tiberium from C&C.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 7:09 PM
I've never really liked the idea of EA trying to promote their other titles by using subliminal advertising. Spare me the tedious task of creating content hiders, would you?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 12:19 PM
Since The Sims is the only series by EA that I play I don't really care. I just hope if they do decide to do something like this they don't go overboard with it!