Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:41 PM
I adore this pack.

I am annoyed that my poor Sims only had 1 day of sun in Summer and 6 days of rain and storms, but tbh I’m in the UK and that’s pretty normal xD

I love the bees and the flower arranging.

The calendar is fantastic, and I love the surprise holidays it throws up, like Neighbourhood Brawl and TV Show Season Premiere.

I’m excited to find out what more it has, it seems I’ve only scratched the surface so far. It’s also made a lot of other things from other expansions come together nicely, like romantic garden stuff and spooky day stuff.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:43 PM
Sorry for the double post but oh my god they can sing Auld Lang Sine at New Years, I’m done.

Well done EA, well done.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Oh, I've only heard about lottery, tv premiere and prank day so far. Some of the other ones seems self-explanatory, but what would battle royal do?

It's a holiday all about fighting.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:59 AM
I moved my four odd Sims that I always play into Windenburg and made it Winter. Somewhat irritated that two of them seem to spend a lot of time shoveling snow into small mounds but they have, so far, made three snowmen, one even has a hat, and one of them has been lying in the snow making a snow angel.
Stupid people are stupid
#105 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
Sorry for the double post but oh my god they can sing Auld Lang Sine at New Years, I’m done.

Well done EA, well done.

They sing that on love day as well...
Field Researcher
#106 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
They sing that on love day as well...

They can sing any song on any holiday. Glad they gave us the choices. I do wish that they let us choose specifically which song they autonomously sing. My sim was singing Jingle Bells on my version of 4th of July! lol
Stupid people are stupid
#107 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
They can sing any song on any holiday. Glad they gave us the choices. I do wish that they let us choose specifically which song they autonomously sing. My sim was singing Jingle Bells on my version of 4th of July! lol

If you choose the "sing about" option it's always Ald Lang Syne.
Scholar
#108 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Keren : 25th Jun 2018 at 7:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
If you schedule an event and invite a sim outside the current household. If you're in that other sims household when the day comes by will the event still happen? Will they be invited?

I haven't seen anyone answering, so I checked it in my game
I scheduled an event and invited someone, went to the other sim's calendar (different household) and there was no event listed there on the date I've chosen..
so I guess it won't happen as well, unless I'm on the planner household at the time of the event..
Scholar
#109 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:39 AM Last edited by Keren : 25th Jun 2018 at 12:54 AM.
Man, they've changed so many of the interactions sounds, it's too weird..
but I like it

Edit: They have finally added the "kiss neck" interaction (that teens had) to young adults as well..
maybe they finally asked themselves why TF it was teen only to begin with..
Mad Poster
#110 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:42 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Jun 2018 at 3:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
I have really weird, mixed feelings about this pack, based on what I've seen.

For me? Been looking into it and personally the part I was most interested in was the Flower Arranging because it sounded like they had effects very very similar to a suggestion I made ages ago for such a skill. Sure enough, from what I've seen they took in every suggested effect I'd posted for that skill. (haven't seen one for forgetting a relationship, other than that they all seem to be there) Aside from that though, the rest of the effects are all moodlets. There's like one effect I haven't seen someone figure out yet that could be neat (Timeless or something?), but for the most part it's like either it was suggested in my post or it's a moodlet. I understand that sometimes coming up with unique effects is difficult and padding it to some degree with moodlets is inevitable, but it seems padded 75% with them.

On one hand I think it's great that this is the second time I see evidence heavily implying that when suggestions are posted, they listen. It seems very much plausible they read my suggestion and it in creating that skill´'s concept, and it makes me wanna pop out more suggestions. It's not just my personal suggestions either, since apparently a lot of people were pushing for a calendar of some kind. It all suggests that if a suggestion catches the team's eye or has enough support, it can and may get in, and that's cool. On the other hand, it's sort of bothersome to see that it feels like they copypasted those suggestions and then couldn't be bothered to expand upon them much. The have the effects I suggested for example, but beyond that they just added moodlets. (and potentially that Timeless one) They seem very content with just falling back on moodlets....Moodlets and money, since the sell prices seem obscene.

I look at this EP and to me it honestly does seem like one of the better EPs for Sims 4 (not that that says much), but at the same time what's perplexing is how one area can feel well done and then another can just feel completely, inexcusably neglected. It's like they needed the fans to say "do something like this," and if no suggestions were made in a given area (textures, weather effects) then lo and behold it's a weakpoint of the pack because they couldn't be assed to bother or simply couldn't think of anything to do. And on another note, in the past it was always argued animations are expensive and that's why we see less stuff. Here though? It seems like the animation work of this pack - surprisingly - is perfectly sound. I haven't seen a choppy animation or something that felt lazy or unneccesarily recycled yet. However, now suddenly we've got texture work that just seems ridiculously lazy (mud puddle) or a lack of scripting for some areas that could've been better if they just had a little more scripting and effort put in. (lightning powers actually doing something and letting you electrocute other Sims, for example, or some little hang-ups with the new interactions like snowball fight) Bad textures have happened before, but considering how pivotal textures are for a pack of this style and how people demand good looking weather effects far more than having a good looking ball pit, it just seems ridiculous that they neglected the textures and weather effects this much.

At the end of the day, I guess it's a weird feeling in the sense that I would give the team an A for listening to the newer fan requests on this one and the actual implementation of those requests isn't shabby either, but in terms of their own creativity, their ability to actually expand on those fan ideas or their ability to recreate past features without cutting out 50% of their content, there's still absolutely something left to be desired. It's just a very bittersweet feeling where I think the Sims team does absolutely deserve credit for listening to fans and reading suggestions, but we're still left asking "is it worth it" just because it's already a given that other pre-existing features go MIA or get poorly done. Kind of a shame to see things go down that way, and once again it just leaves me thinking why can't we have both? Team seems willing and eager when it comes to fan suggestions, but clearly something holds back the scope of the packs regardless. I'm sure they think they already make enough profit with the budget/effort exhibited, just wished companies remembered their purpose is the service/product and not just cold hard cash by any means neccesary.

That's good to know. I would post more knowing that they're at least taking in feedback. I thought that they're not listening at all, or maybe are but weren't willing to consider executing any. I wonder If suggesting that moodlets actually took some form in effect sort of like tokken-ish in TS3 than just change the mood of the sims would improve the new gameplay objects greatly. I honestly rather have them copy and rip ideas straight from the players than creating their own from uninspired/uncreative mind that makes the game dull or leaves it at that as where it was. Heck, copy work without crediting modders from their creations If you have to, but at least the quality of the game would improve greatly.

Now, by no means, I support such give-no-credit-wheres-credit-due, but I don't think they will get possessed by good at least not any time soon. Chances are slim that they would get to such a level of a good standard taking someone's work giving credit, but I'm just saying it would better than nothing If they at least did such thing If their that lazy to create mechanics from scratch and choosing gratitude over... erhh what's the word? anyway whatever is opposite to that.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#111 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 7:08 PM Last edited by SusannaG : 25th Jun 2018 at 7:32 PM.
LGR's review is up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5XWyPgUCm4

ETA: He was disappointed he couldn't make that "Chair Appreciation Day" holiday he wanted. So he went with "Clutter Object Day," where his sims appreciate non-drinkable lemonade, cook hot dogs, and go streaking.

New chairs: 4.
Forum Resident
#112 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
I haven't seen anyone answering, so I checked it in my game
I scheduled an event and invited someone, went to the other sim's calendar (different household) and there was no event listed there on the date I've chosen..
so I guess it won't happen as well, unless I'm on the planner household at the time of the event..

Thank you

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#113 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Thank you

Sure, only that since than I've managed to break my calendar

I had to cancel the mentioned event (I was setting it to accrue at 3 am by accident )
and couldn't log any event afterwards (except for holidays, those are fine)

if anyone have any idea for how to fix it.. feel free to share..
by the meantime, I would strongly advice against canceling events..
Field Researcher
#114 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:06 PM
Noticed that the "cheer for holiday" gets muted inside.
Mad Poster
#115 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:45 PM
Quick question for those who have the pack. Is it possible for only certain households to celebrate certain holidays? Or is the Calendar the same for everyone?

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Quick question for those who have the pack. Is it possible for only certain households to celebrate certain holidays? Or is the Calendar the same for everyone?

The calendar is the same for everyone.
Top Secret Researcher
#117 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:02 PM

Holiday affects everyone in the world per Save File. Unless you play 1 family per save (I typically do), then it affects everyone.
Mad Poster
#118 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:08 PM
Ah. That's lame. So if one family celebrates Christmas or Hanukkah, every family has to.

Scholar
#119 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:15 PM
Ah. That's lame. So if one family celebrates Christmas or Hanukkah, every family has to.

There is an option to cancel any holiday for any sim you want (while selected)..
Mad Poster
#120 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:18 PM
Oh okay. That's cool then.

Mad Poster
#121 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:43 PM
Oh okay. That's cool then.

That as in 'every family has to celebrate!" ? Can't make up your mind, ayy ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#122 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:52 PM

If anyone is having an issue with npcs and played households that are jogging around while it's too cold outside, and they seem like they are about to freeze to death
there is a great fix by LittleMsSam which you can download from here:

http://littlemssam.de/random-bug-fixes/

* it's the last one on the list
* it's a zip file with a few other fixes inside and you can choose this one specifically in the version you want it to be.
Top Secret Researcher
#123 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:38 AM
I don't remember who asked if a sim is soaked from the rain then change clothes if the created cloth pile is wet... Well the answer is YES! Luckily all my laundry bins were full (because of the rain they're way behind on laundry. all this family have is a cloth line) so I was able to also check that the wet pile says 'already worn - wet' . And after being removed to be washed there's still a puddle left on the floor. :D
Scholar
#124 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
I don't remember who asked if a sim is soaked from the rain then change clothes if the created cloth pile is wet... Well the answer is YES! Luckily all my laundry bins were full (because of the rain they're way behind on laundry. all this family have is a cloth line) so I was able to also check that the wet pile says 'already worn - wet' . And after being removed to be washed there's still a puddle left on the floor. :D

I'm not playing with laundry, but the only way I could dry out my wet sims was by sending them to take a shower..
changing clothes didn't help at all for some reason.. (if towels were a thing maybe it was logical)
but now that I think of it, I should try to dry them off by letting them warm up near the fireplace.. only that now I need to wait for the next winter ( :lovestruc )
Scholar
#125 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Yeah the Swingset is great, and it was the only object I checked out so far, finally adults can use the playground, also remember the hot weather clothing is catagoried great and is spot on, you might see your sims wearing something new, but many actually look good on them, with top and bottom styles you never would of imagined on them along with their bright new color combinations, makes you notice them.

Unfortunately there are bad CC catagoriers that make good stuff but its only a matter of time until it's messed up from a hot weather category down to a clown stituion category

Oh yeah swimwear for toddlers but catagory is empty and couldn't find any... ?!

What is this about? Could you please elaborate? Are there new outfit categories in CAS to select an outfit for hot and cold weather (like outdoor category in TS3)? Or is the game selecting randomly clothes you never picked for the sim in certain weather conditions?
Page 5 of 9