Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#126 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
What is this about? Could you please elaborate? Are there new outfit categories in CAS to select an outfit for hot and cold weather (like outdoor category in TS3)? Or is the game selecting randomly clothes you never picked for the sim in certain weather conditions?

If I may intervene..
There are 2 new categories in CAS, one for cold outwear one for hot..
sims that the player didn't choose hot/cold wear for them just yet (both played households and NPCs) are getting random outfits from those categories while they are being out in the cold/heat
so they won't get freeze to death or die from over-heating until the player would get them into CAS and pick what he would like for them to wear..
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#127 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 11:29 AM
You could get assign a swimsuit as Cold Winter, and they will wear it to keep them warm, and it will keep them warm.
Scholar
#128 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
You could get assign a swimsuit as Cold Winter, and they will wear it to keep them warm, and it will keep them warm.

Isn't it stupid?

but i love the fact that we can assign any clothes as cold/warm
this way I don't have to see my sims in shorts and sandals.. not a fan of those
also, CC get to be used without the need to update it to fit any of those categories.
Mad Poster
#129 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 2:30 PM
Why do we need both a hot weather outfit and swimwear? Sims could just use their everyday outfits.

I’d rather outfits for rain and cold/snow, so Sims can have rain coats and snow coats.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#130 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 2:44 PM
I like being able to set appropriate clothing for them to automatically wear during hot weather, since a lot of my Sims would realistically be way too warm in what I've set for their everyday outfit. They can change into shorts or a dress without me having to manually choose an alternative outfit. That's nice.

It's annoying that they didn't add raincoats as a separate category though. What a missed opportunity that was. Cold Weather should have been split into Outerwear and Snow, since even the snow gear is too much for a mildly cold day.
Scholar
#131 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:13 PM
You've got 5 outfits per category, and 8 categories = (I used a calculator here) 40 possible outfits per sim!
do you really need more categories?!

just use the existing feature of the outfits to add an outfit for rain, snow, wind, clouds and another one just for fun..
Mad Poster
#132 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You've got 5 outfits per category, and 8 categories = (I used a calculator here) 40 possible outfits per sim!
do you really need more categories?!

just use the existing feature of the outfits to add an outfit for rain, snow, wind, clouds and another one just for fun..

Good idea, but one little problem: sims may switch between those random additional outfits autonomously so you may get a sim wearing raincoat during snow or vice versa. I do agree they could have included tree: summerwear, outerwear, and rainwear. Hope I didn't make up words But yeah, I don't think those categories are redundant.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#133 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Good idea, but one little problem: sims may switch between those random additional outfits autonomously so you may get a sim wearing raincoat during snow or vice versa. I do agree they could have included tree: summerwear, outerwear, and rainwear. Hope I didn't make up words But yeah, I don't think those categories are redundant.

But is it hard to switch them to the right outfit when they do that?
mine aren't switching clothes by themselves so often.. unless they are going out when it's raining and such
but than again, you can change their outfit before you're letting them out..
Mad Poster
#134 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Nothing.

Everything.

Shine at least some positivity eyyy?

Top Secret Researcher
#135 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 2:39 AM
By the way are the values between Sell All and Sell Items supposed to be the same or different? Because in my game it is the same, so I wonder if it is just me (perhaps I have outdated mods that I did not realise?) or its the same in everyone's game?
Screenshots
Scholar
#136 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
By the way are the values between Sell All and Sell Items supposed to be the same or different? Because in my game it is the same, so I wonder if it is just me (perhaps I have outdated mods that I did not realise?) or its the same in everyone's game?

Sell all suppose to sell all the plants that are close together
maybe in your case the carrots are the closest to each other?
try to move the other plants a bit closer and see if that change anything.
Scholar
#137 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 4:38 AM
If I may intervene..
There are 2 new categories in CAS, one for cold outwear one for hot..
sims that the player didn't choose hot/cold wear for them just yet (both played households and NPCs) are getting random outfits from those categories while they are being out in the cold/heat
so they won't get freeze to death or die from over-heating until the player would get them into CAS and pick what he would like for them to wear..

That is a nice solution then. The more seperate activity based categories, the better imo. They could use a holiday category too. So your sim switches to an appropiate outfit when you go on holiday. I missed having one in TS3. Can only stomach khaki pants and when tomb raiding How does this work for CC clothes though? Do they all have to be updated?
Top Secret Researcher
#138 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
That is a nice solution then. The more seperate activity based categories, the better imo. They could use a holiday category too. So your sim switches to an appropiate outfit when you go on holiday. I missed having one in TS3. Can only stomach khaki pants and when tomb raiding How does this work for CC clothes though? Do they all have to be updated?

CC clothes doesnt need to be updated because filter for clothing categories can be removed like any other clothing categories. You can even set a speedo of your coldwear and your sims wont freeze.

You can update the filter for CC clothes using the updated Sims 4 Studio if you want the items to show up by default (without having to remove the filter), but it will also make the CC clothes available for townies when it comes to random hot/coldwear generation
Scholar
Original Poster
#139 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:29 AM
Only thing I can't stand about the Hot Weather category is that maxis put reading glasses with it, idk why, sunglasses yes!.. but not reading glasses for Hot Weather...
Stupid people are stupid
#140 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 1:49 PM
I... I don't know what to say...
Mad Poster
#141 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 2:07 PM
Healed pools?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#142 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 7:05 PM Last edited by Dorsal Axe : 28th Jun 2018 at 11:58 PM.
But is it hard to switch them to the right outfit when they do that?
mine aren't switching clothes by themselves so often.. unless they are going out when it's raining and such
but than again, you can change their outfit before you're letting them out..

The issue is the townies would end up wearing random outfits. That’s why I consider more categories to be desirable, since it’s an easy way to control that.
Scholar
#143 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 8:32 PM
I'm not playing with laundry, but the only way I could dry out my wet sims was by sending them to take a shower..
changing clothes didn't help at all for some reason.. (if towels were a thing maybe it was logical)
but now that I think of it, I should try to dry them off by letting them warm up near the fireplace.. only that now I need to wait for the next winter ( :lovestruc )

I finally got into testing it, it did work
warming up near the fireplace dried my sims successfully .
Mad Poster
#144 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
Can pets have fears over thunder?

Instructor
#145 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Can pets have fears over thunder?

I saw a clip where a thunderstorm happened and the two household pets immediately went tense. That's it though, not like they actually did anything beyond standing around acting tense.

Moodlets gonna moodlet.
Instructor
#146 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:53 AM
I'm doing 28 day seasons so I'm still in summer as of now, but besides the bugs that came with the patch update, I do really like this pack. I've had no issues with the calendar and setting up the holidays I want or scheduling some events (mainly birthdays) this far. I do really like the thunderstorms and heatwaves and I like how using the AC you can increase you bill adding to more difficulty with keeping money.
Test Subject
#147 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 6:03 PM
I only just installed the EP and am in my second in-game day (morning) and love the mood already because it started with the last day of fall turning to winter, the seasons add so much mood and immersion.
But I have a question: My two dogs are "super affectionate" since I installed Seasons. What I mean by this is my full queue often fills up with "petting Barika", autonomously, whenever they are around. Right now it is still funny and cute but I can see this turning annoying very soon, as my Sim already cannot have breakfast without getting up petting the doggos. Also I have 10 pet gifts in my inventory which I cannot sell (I can open them and then sell the items, tho, but then get 10 new gifts XD).... Are these known and common bugs? Might very well be one of my pet-related mods, still gotta go through them all, but I thought I'd bring it up here. If I find out what mod causes it I'll let you guys know
Instructor
#148 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ravenfeather
I only just installed the EP and am in my second in-game day (morning) and love the mood already because it started with the last day of fall turning to winter, the seasons add so much mood and immersion.
But I have a question: My two dogs are "super affectionate" since I installed Seasons. What I mean by this is my full queue often fills up with "petting Barika", autonomously, whenever they are around. Right now it is still funny and cute but I can see this turning annoying very soon, as my Sim already cannot have breakfast without getting up petting the doggos. Also I have 10 pet gifts in my inventory which I cannot sell (I can open them and then sell the items, tho, but then get 10 new gifts XD).... Are these known and common bugs? Might very well be one of my pet-related mods, still gotta go through them all, but I thought I'd bring it up here. If I find out what mod causes it I'll let you guys know

I don't have any mods and have noticed this after Seasons. It was helpful at first as it built up their friendship but does get monotonous after a while.
Scholar
#149 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ravenfeather

LittleMsSam made a fix for this issue: Obsessed Pet Pet Fix
http://littlemssam.de/random-bug-fixes/

(1 zip file with separated files inside of it)
Test Subject
#150 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 7:22 PM
LittleMsSam made a fix for this issue: Obsessed Pet Pet Fix
http://littlemssam.de/random-bug-fixes/

(1 zip file with separated files inside of it)

Thank you very much! :lovestruc
Page 6 of 9