Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 6:52 PM
Default SimPe Registration fail (Previous link down)
Okay so SimPE is seriously a very unreliable site I have been on the german link but that link is now bugged. It does not show any registration forms at all. Is there any other way to get a GUID for my content without SimPe. I have read everything i can find, Does anyone have a better solution. I cannot get a new GUID because of a error when i try to register in SImpe. Just an error saying a title has been moved permanently. Any help would be great, thank you!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:03 PM
not sure if there is any other program that could edit GUIDs.

I also got an error when trying to get GUID; today.

the site probably has technical difficulties. probably wait awhile.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:11 PM
Open the last object you gave a new GUID to, and note down the GUID. Then add one to that number, and use that as your new GUID for your new object.

(It's hex, so if the previous GUID ends in a number from 0-8 then adding one is easy. If it ends in 9, change the 9 to an A. If it ends in A, change it to a B and so on. If it ends in F, change it back to a 0 and add 1 to the penultimate number instead)

For example:
0xA25FB00 -> 0xA25FB01 -> 0xA25FB02 -> 0xA25FB03 -> 0xA25FB04 -> 0xA25FB05 -> 0xA25FB06 -> 0xA25FB07 -> 0xA25FB08 -> 0xA25FB09 -> 0xA25FB0A -> 0xA25FB0B -> 0xA25FB0C -> 0xA25FB0D -> 0xA25FB0E -> 0xA25FB0F -> 0xA25FB10 -> 0xA25FB11 -> 0xA25FB12...

GUIDs are literally just numbers counting up from zero. When you registered an account you reserved a whole block of them, so you don't need to register the individual GUIDs separately. Registering them separately does make it easier to keep track, though, so while the site's down I suggest you keep a list of your used GUIDs in a spreadsheet or a text document so you don't lose track.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 6:27 AM
Currently the site is back up, but SimPE has stopped working because it gets a message '301 moved permanently'.

If you go to the website itself, login (previous logins work) and select GUID, it gives you online contact to the GUID database.

You can look at all the objects you've done through the 'List my Objects' selection:

So you can find out where you are up to, and how many more guid's you have in your block.

What you can't do is register them - it has a SQL error and I don't know who has access to this to fix it.

So.
Step 1: Go to the SimPE Site - https://sims.ambertation.de/en/guiddb/
Step 2: Go to List my Objects - and copy the list into a spreadsheet. Also record how big your block is.
Step 3: When creating your object, use your spreadsheet to update your object.
Step 4: When/if you run out of GUID's - the 'Add Block' does work, so you can grab more there.

Step 5: Wait for someone to update SimPe/the Website.

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel
Currently the site is back up, but SimPE has stopped working because it gets a message '301 moved permanently'.

If you go to the website itself, login (previous logins work) and select GUID, it gives you online contact to the GUID database.

So.
Step 1: Go to the SimPE Site - https://sims.ambertation.de/en/guiddb/
Step 2: Go to List my Objects - and copy the list into a spreadsheet. Also record how big your block is.
Step 3: When creating your object, use your spreadsheet to update your object.
Step 4: When/if you run out of GUID's - the 'Add Block' does work, so you can grab more there.

Step 5: Wait for someone to update SimPe/the Website.

What happens if you try to log in and it says you don't exist as a user? My username & password are still saved within SimPE itself, and when I go to simpeforum.ambernation.de it logs me in just fine, but on the link above (sims.ambernation.de) it loops me to a wordpress admin login screen and I go nowhere. SimPE isn't listing any of my previously registered objects either.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 11:30 AM
Well, another option is to use the public search. If you go to the GUID database and click "List registered users", there's a box at the bottom where you can search for your own username. That gives you your GUID block and the number of objects you've registered. Then you can use a hex calculator to work out your first free GUID.

For example, if your GUID block was 0x001ACD00-0x001ACDFF, and you had 145 objects, you'd first subtract one from the number of objects (because the first object is number 0, not number 1). You'd then use the hex calculator to work out that 144 in hex = 90. Since all GUID blocks start at ******00, you just replace the last two zeros with your object count in hex, so 0x001ACD00 becomes 0x001ACD90 - that's the last GUID you have registered. So for new objects, you'd start at 0x001ACD91.
If you have 256 objects registered, that block is full and you need a new one (256 - 1 = 255 which is FF in hex).

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 9:39 AM
Thank you very much for this, I was getting worried I may not be able to create anything new! lol

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:25 PM
Time passes and everything stays the same. No one knows what is really happening? Is the error on the page or in the program?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:40 PM
Nysha & Celebkiriedhel gave very useful and precious infos. This should be a sticky.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeusSims
Time passes and everything stays the same. No one knows what is really happening? Is the error on the page or in the program?

It's the site - it's been unattended for a very long time.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It's the site - it's been unattended for a very long time.

A contact address is displayed on the page, Has anyone sent a message to that address, reporting the problem?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeusSims
A contact address is displayed on the page, Has anyone sent a message to that address, reporting the problem?

The person on the other end of the contact address left the simming community a long time ago - like about 10 years ago. No-one, even those of us who occasionally visit the site for stuff and to look at the forums, have access. The last person with any kind of access was Ghost and I've been meaning to ask her about it again but she no longer does stuff for TS2 either.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The person on the other end of the contact address left the simming community a long time ago - like about 10 years ago. No-one, even those of us who occasionally visit the site for stuff and to look at the forums, have access. The last person with any kind of access was Ghost and I've been meaning to ask her about it again but she no longer does stuff for TS2 either.

If you can ask him, then do it, he does not lose anything by trying.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:57 PM
I was able to register GUIDs at the German site yesterday, so as long as you have an account, you should still be able to register individual GUIDs. I think I had to log in, so if you don't remember your username/password or don't have an account at all, you probably have to count up from previously used GUIDs.

https://sims.ambertation.de/de/guiddb/

It is still annoying that the in-program GUID assigning still doesn't work, though. I keep forgetting, and hit the button every other time, expecting it to work...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I was able to register GUIDs at the German site yesterday, so as long as you have an account, you should still be able to register individual GUIDs. I think I had to log in, so if you don't remember your username/password or don't have an account at all, you probably have to count up from previously used GUIDs.

It is still annoying that the in-program GUID assigning still doesn't work, though. I keep forgetting, and hit the button every other time, expecting it to work...

Thanks for the recommendation Simmer22. I do have an account on the page, but as you say, it is annoying. I also keep pressing the button, believing that it will magically work.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:48 AM
I'm wondering if there's anyone out there willing to take over the domain and the program? Sims 2 is still so popular, it's such a shame that the site is going to disappear into the S2 void!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#17 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:01 AM
Well - I'm sure people would be willing, but it can't be done without the co-operation of the people currently in control of the site, who are incommunicado and have been for a long time.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#18 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:48 PM
Is there anyway for a new user to register? My little sister never registered and she is working on GUID-needing stuff now. I'll give her one of my blocks (we still can add new blocks, I just did it) so that's helpful, but we'd both rather her have her own.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 6:50 PM
If the German version of the site isn't working, then I don't think so.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#20 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 7:13 PM
There is a physical mailing address listed. Has anyone tried snail mail to get in contact with Quaxi? I would, but a letter from the States all the way to Germany is both expensive and slow. https://sims.ambertation.de/de/contact/
Instructor
#21 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 4:44 AM
Well, dang...??? From the looks of this forum, there is an issue with the SimPE website. I'm just getting back to creating stuff and became so frustrated that I could no longer generate guids. I thought my system wasn't having it because Sim2 is an old game. I thought me having windows 10 was the issue.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AriesFlare
Well, dang...??? From the looks of this forum, there is an issue with the SimPE website. I'm just getting back to creating stuff and became so frustrated that I could no longer generate guids. I thought my system wasn't having it because Sim2 is an old game. I thought me having windows 10 was the issue.

The workaround solution is described by Nysha above. I'm pretty sure there are several people who would take over the database if that were possible but Quaxi disappeared a long time ago.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:45 PM
AriesFlare, if you have your login details (or can somehow guess them, or get re-sent a password if that's possible), you should be able to log in on the german site and register GUIDs there.
just a girl
#24 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:47 AM
In one of the Simpe's installation files, namely sims.guid.dll, there is a SimGUIDService.cs, containing urls for registering guids and so on.
The main one - https://sims.ambertation.de/GUID/guidserver.php - seems to be accesible from browser (looks empty though), but others I've tried don't.
Could it be that the fix is the matter of replacing those links? Could the site links be used?
I'm probably talking nonsense. I have no experience in these things. But maybe someone else would know...
Mad Poster
#25 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
There is a physical mailing address listed. Has anyone tried snail mail to get in contact with Quaxi? I would, but a letter from the States all the way to Germany is both expensive and slow. https://sims.ambertation.de/de/contact/

K6ka mentioned here that Quaxi is dead http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...018#post4468018
Maybe she knows more than we know.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 8