Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 2:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Sim has a permanent sunburn.
I have a Sim who got sunburned on a community lot. Since then, I've had a neighbourhood reset. Now his sunburn is permanently stuck. I've attempted to use the Batbox to 'Fix Burns and Tans' but it does nothing. Using the InSim or SimManipulator to give him a sunburn just overlays the sunburn over the existing one, making him look even worse. Giving him a tan and removing it doesn't work either. Adding and removing full-face makeup didn't work either. I'm not sure what else to try. Does anyone have an idea?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 9:17 PM
I'm suspecting that the issue is that the reset somehow cleared a 'this Sim has a sunburn' flag without clearing the sunburn itself. If I could re-flag the Sim as having a sunburn (which is what I was attempting to do with InSim and the Manipulator), I might be able to clear it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 10:34 PM
Don't leave me in suspense, girl! Did it work?????

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:24 PM
No, I said in the first post that it didn't work.

Scholar
#5 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 12:38 AM
Could you try resetting the flag in SimPE? I don't know what that might do, but back-up the hood before trying it and see.

Failing that, you could always write it into your headcanon that he's developed a skin condition that makes him look permanently sunburnt (I did with one sim, although how he got said permanent sunburn I never found out) and just roll with it

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 2:48 AM
You might just have to do it the hard way and have him sunbathe again until he gets another sunburn. Personally, I'm lazy and I like Selly_2009's idea - less tedious and time-consuming.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 7:55 PM
I'd reset the flag in SimPE if I actually knew what it was.

I actually don't know how he got sunburned either. It's only when he showed up on another lot that I realized it'd happened.

I'm afraid if I tried to sunburn him again, I'd just end up with another red overlay over the existing one. Though that gave me another idea - what if I gave him frostbite instead? (I'm starting to feel bad for this poor guy...)

Alchemist
#8 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:16 PM
from my understanding, Pescado's debugger has a possible fix for stuck sunburns.
not sure, but CJ's debugger might also.

edit:: not sure what the interaction would be; my sims have not yet had sunburns.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM
@mdsb759 - The batbox didn't work, though.

Alchemist
#10 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 8:35 PM
Did he ever recover?
Alchemist
#11 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM
some other things to try::
-move the sim to another lot; or out then back in.
-SimPE's Sim Surgery;changing just skin tone.
-"Change Appearance" on any mirror; or a hack's equivalent.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 10:08 PM
No, he hasn't recovered yet.

I was doing some googling on the issue, and found this thread on MATY.

Quote: Originally posted by J.M. Pescado
A suntan token is one of those "counted tokens" and cannot contain data or be "borked". If a sim has no suntan token of any kind, then his "correct" state is to lack tan or burn, and this will be the state chosen when Fix Tans & Burns reconciles his state. If a sim does have a suntan token, he will be set to tanned (and remain so until the token wears off, hopefully naturally, whereupon the normal game will take it away). If he has a burn token, he will be given the burn. If he has both a tan AND a burn token (state is not possible), the erroneous burn token is removed and the state is reconciled as above. And again, if he has no tokens of any kind, then all tan and burn overlays are removed.

Basically, the game says your sim is supposed to have a tan at this point in time. Simple. If you don't know, just push the button and see. Because I don't know either.

I wonder if I use something to give him a suntan, then use Fix Tans and Burns, maybe it'll fix it.

Alchemist
#13 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 10:53 PM
Did Sim Surgery not work then? Is it possible to delete the token in SimPE? Or maybe if he aged down and up again?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:22 PM
I haven't tried Sim Surgery yet. I plan to if the suntan thing doesn't work.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 10:53 AM
If you want to give your sim a tan, you can use the tanning bed linked in the same thread. (Pescado's hack of Numenor's tanning bed. The original only gives body points. Pescado's version actually causes tanning.)

You want numenorian.zip from this link:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...php?dir=meta%2F
Alchemist
#16 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 12:58 PM
I was thinking this might work, too, if you want to do it in game, instead of in SimPE. http://modthesims.info/d/284572
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 1:06 AM
I gave him a suntan with the Sim Manipulator and then used the batbox to "fix tans and burns." It removed his burn. Then I used the Manipulator to remove his tan. He's back to normal and quite glad for it.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 4:13 AM
Does the sunbathe option ever actually give you a tan rather than a burn?
Alchemist
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I gave him a suntan with the Sim Manipulator and then used the batbox to "fix tans and burns." It removed his burn. Then I used the Manipulator to remove his tan. He's back to normal and quite glad for it.

Yay! I think we should get a recovery pic. We've been very concerned!
Undead Molten Llama
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Does the sunbathe option ever actually give you a tan rather than a burn?

Yes, it does.

But, burns do seem to be far more common. Which I guess makes some sense because many people will fry themselves when initially attempting to "get a tan" because they greatly underestimate how long it takes to burn. It's just that, for real people, burns tend to become tans which can then be darkened by further tanning. Most people don't go from fried back to lily-white. (I do, though. I'm so white that tanning is pretty much impossible. It's totally binary, fried or not-fried.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:42 PM
Do you use Boiling Oil's mod that removes broken or stuck tokens? (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.