Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:05 AM
Default Where could I find the xml file that stores the coding that forces children to follow their guardians and go back home?
I couldn't find a mod that stops children from following their guardians and going home so i'm willing to make a mod that stops them from doing that but the only problem is that I can't find anything about it in the game files.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th May 2018 at 12:26 PM
Hrm I don't think it's specifically specified as "child" but maybe just a general guardian option. Also take in account that EA can't really spell properly... Though from the looks of it it's scripted within the game files, and since there's not really a tuning or xml file referred in them, I guess that explains why it can't be found. Although I did notice this line; kChildCurfewDistanceFromAdult
Only question is, which file has that included...
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2018 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 13th May 2018 at 6:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hrm I don't think it's specifically specified as "child" but maybe just a general guardian option. Also take in account that EA can't really spell properly... Though from the looks of it it's scripted within the game files, and since there's not really a tuning or xml file referred in them, I guess that explains why it can't be found. Although I did notice this line; kChildCurfewDistanceFromAdult
Only question is, which file has that included...

Is it possible that it's hard coded in one of the game files somewhere?
Edit: I used Sniper's no curfew mod,the name of the xml Sim_0xa29571c6f77aa18d. After a little scrolling around I found the line then I changed the 20 to a -1, however the children still kept turning around and returning to their guardians so I may had done something wrong.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th May 2018 at 9:12 PM
Nraas Storyprogression has an option to disable the curfew.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2018 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
Nraas Storyprogression has an option to disable the curfew.

I have the no curfew mod installed and yet the children still want to turn back around and come back home and follow their guardians.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th May 2018 at 6:39 AM
I use Storyprogression and I can send out my children alone at night to go fishing.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2018 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
I use Storyprogression and I can send out my children alone at night to go fishing.

What did you change to make them go out at night without turning around and then return to their home and/or follow the adults?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th May 2018 at 7:58 AM
Probably those options:
Curfew: Begin

The first hour of curfew for this sim.
This value's range is 0 to 23 (military time)
If the value is the same as "Curfew End", then the options are ignored
Note that this does not mean that curfew is disabled, it simply means that EA Standard curfew is in effect
Default: 0
Module: Extra StoryProgression

Curfew: End

The last hour of curfew for this sim.
This value's range is 0 to 23 (military time)
If the value is the same as "Curfew Start", then the options are ignored
Note that this does not mean that curfew is disabled, it simply means that EA Standard curfew is in effect
Default: 0

Curfew: Force

Whether to force this sim to return home when curfew begins
When disabled, a sim will only return home if they score positively in obeying curfew times, or are caught by the police
Default: False

I can't say for sure because I set those years ago
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:25 PM
Squidconqueror, judging by the code in due time children forcibly return home or for follow the adults.When the distance to adults is higher the value given in the code the children follow the adults. Write in resource of the xml Sim_0xa29571c6f77aa18d this: <kChildCurfewDistanceFromAdult value="1000000000">
Virtual gardener
#10 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:55 PM
Just a note on adding a huge number like that. Values have their own amount of decimals and such that they can handle. If it goes over the limit, a lot of bugs can happen. (As in in some cases: how long it would take a sim to lose weight when swimming could end up a sim becoming fatter when swimming rather than the opposite) So its definitely worth testing it first
Scholar
#11 Old 17th May 2018 at 8:28 PM
@Lyralei Do you remember where you found the kChildCurfewDistanceFromAdult in the DLL files?
Virtual gardener
#12 Old 17th May 2018 at 10:39 PM
@skydome it's in the Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim! It's a long list so you might wanna do CTRL+F. I haven't actually fully looked at the coding itself so no idea if it references anything you're looking for
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th May 2018 at 10:04 AM
It seems like it's more complex then that. I just changed the value to 1000000000 and then to a more reasonable 8000 and as soon as they hit the road they just turn back and returned home but interestly enough when I sent the adult to the place where I try to get them to go they still do the same thing so it must be some kind of coding that calls them to their home even though I have the no curfew mod installed. Even the no autonomous do homework mod doesn't work.
Virtual gardener
#14 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:13 AM
Okay so I took a good look at the sim file this time around (Tbh I totally missed the other tunings about curfew, possibly because the day I replied I just got back home from a really exhausting day :P) I think I see why the distance doesn't work. It's not about the world values, it's actually about the distance of the sim on the lot. Thus, why it's still not working

I did find these tunings in the code and can be found with the same name in the sim XML file:

[Tunable]
[TunableComment("Hour of day when child curfew starts (this must be greater than child curfew end).")]
public static float kChildStartCurfewHour = 22f;

[Tunable]
[TunableComment("Hour of day when child curfew ends (this must be less than child curfew start).")]
public static float kChildEndCurfewHour = 6f;

[Tunable]
[TunableComment("Max distance a child can be from an adult past curfew.")]
public static float kChildCurfewDistanceFromAdult = 5f;

So basically this (Which can be found in the same Sim file you edited the distance tuning):

<kChildStartCurfewHour value="22">
<!--Hour of day when child curfew starts (this must be greater than child curfew end).-->
</kChildStartCurfewHour>
<kChildEndCurfewHour value="6">
<!--Hour of day when child curfew ends (this must be less than child curfew start).-->
</kChildEndCurfewHour>
<kChildCurfewDistanceFromAdult value="25">
<!--Max distance a child can be from an adult past curfew.-->
</kChildCurfewDistanceFromAdult>

Probably the reason why your no homework mod doesn't work at the moment is because the tuning that mod is rewriting might actually rewriting the same xml file (the sim xml you edited). So my suggestions here would be: Check inside that package file, see what they edited and apply that with your own xml file. In this case you're pretty much merging them togetehr into one file so it doesn't overwrite each other
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:49 PM
This is strange, I just went back to the game and it seems like this time they actually went to the salon and stayed there from 1 and all throughout the morning after I installed the NRaas extra story progression module addon and when I tested without it they went back to that same autonomous behavior. They still autonomously do their homework though.
Virtual gardener
#16 Old 19th May 2018 at 6:07 PM
Hrm I guess what might be the case is that somehow Nraas changes more than just those tunings? Though the ones I just listed there were unedited values Just in case that was confusing