Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pointed ears as CAS sliders

by CmarNYC Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 5:36 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2012 at 9:35 PM by CmarNYC : updated information

278 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 223 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 12
Test Subject
#126 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:01 PM
This is pure genious!! Thank you so very very much!
Test Subject
#127 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:03 PM
Thank you so very much!! I was so disappointed when I found that EA omitted the pointed ears option in Sims 3. Thank you for making this! You are amazing! Now I can make elves!!
Test Subject
#128 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 3:01 PM
Hi, can you tell me does this work okay with World Adventures and the latest stuff pack, plus all updates. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 8:00 AM
I've tried this with my game (WA, latest patch) and it doesn't show up; therefore I assume that it does not work.

Shame. This is a very nice mod.
Test Subject
#130 Old 4th May 2010 at 2:36 AM
Hopefully it will work as I have WA!
Very nice mod.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#131 Old 4th May 2010 at 1:54 PM
OtakuFan: This mod DOES work with WA. I've tried it with the latest patch - still works. If it's not working for you, please check the usual things - other CC works, other custom sliders work, you have a core mod to increase the number of sliders.
Field Researcher
#132 Old 8th May 2010 at 7:08 AM Last edited by ashillion : 8th May 2010 at 7:24 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
I too was having problems with these.

I had even tested in my game with no CC but these and WA 2.6. Even with no CC, and so no need for a core mod, the ear sliders do not show in CAS. I even cleared all cache files with dashboard. still no sliders.

Then I looked at the resource file... I let the "monkey bars" do the work this install as my system went kaboom last week. It was the resource file that was the issue. go to the help here

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...g_Package_Files

Use the Resource you can install manually. The "monkey bars" version is not compatible.

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#133 Old 8th May 2010 at 2:30 PM
Thanks, Ashillion. I suspect most people saying this doesn't work with WA don't have their game set up properly for CC. That's why I say PLEASE check that other CC works before assuming this particular mod doesn't work.
Field Researcher
#134 Old 8th May 2010 at 8:10 PM
I think "Monkey Bars" Needs updated as it is what we suggest to use on MtS.

I Suggest you Do it Manually... giggle. If your gonna mess with mods you should at least understand the file structure. lol.

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Test Subject
#135 Old 21st May 2010 at 3:09 PM
Hey, so I joined this website just to download your awesome ears, but they won't work. I decompressed them, put them in the right place, but they do not appear in game. Any suggestions please?
Test Subject
#136 Old 22nd May 2010 at 8:22 AM
I feel like an idiot. I've read over a lot of the feedback and questions and I can't seem to get the sliders for these ears to show up. At first this is only slider mod I downloaded... but after seeing link to jonha's I downloaded the hip, chest, ect and that works fine. I have the base game and no expansions and I still can't seem to get the pointed ear sliders to show in the head/ear section.
I'm very confused, as normally I try my best to do everything that's said and I just... have no idea why this isn't showing up.
Am I missing something?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#137 Old 22nd May 2010 at 2:13 PM
cooliecatt: Does other CC work in your game?

Maresuke: Are you sure you're looking in the Ear Settings, not the general settings for the Head and Ears? Here's a pic of exactly where they are:

Test Subject
#138 Old 22nd May 2010 at 4:37 PM
Scratch that. I just copy and pasted the files again into the packages folder and replaced... and I don't know why but they work now. (I use the monkey helper tool normally)

Anyhow. They're working wonderful now. Thank you. I cry tears of joy.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#139 Old 22nd May 2010 at 7:45 PM
As long as it's working now!
Test Subject
#140 Old 26th May 2010 at 7:15 AM
Umm, I keep trying to download these sliders and it just isn't working. This is the first time I've downloaded something from this site so I might be missing something but what exactly do you need to do to get it to appear in the game?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#141 Old 26th May 2010 at 12:23 PM
animetor7: If you're having trouble downloading, please post in the site Questions and Issues forum. If you're having trouble installing please read the instructions: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files
Test Subject
#142 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Yay! Loved the beta, testing was fun. Although I didn't make my sims have vulcan ears, just subtle changes so they would have different ears, it was so refreshing seeing the children inherit them. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing find about the game with us!

Um... I have tried these sliders and I adore them! But I haven't had any children inherit these ears. I have tried two different women with elf ears, but their husbands didn't have elf ears. One woman had a son who didn't have elf ears. The other woman had twin children, a boy and a girl. Neither of the children got pointy ears. I'm guessing it's because none of the fathers had pointed ears. I think that is the only problem. I'm gonna go test that out more. If I have any issues I will post back later. These are wonderful sliders anyway!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#143 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 9:36 PM
Marieh10: Keep trying. Each child should have a 50% chance of inheriting the ears, so with only three children it's probably just that none of them happened to get them.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:33 PM
Has anyone verified whether or not this works with the latest patch or Ambitions?

For every King, there is a Queen ...

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=25203
Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:45 AM
I can't get it to work with Ambitions, but I might be doing something wrong
Test Subject
#146 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:27 PM
I haven't been able to get it to work yet either. Just going to keep checking back. And thank you Cmar, this is a great hack.
Test Subject
#147 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:10 PM
Where do I put the .packages in my Mac for them to work?
I've tried: /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/Downloads
but it's not working.....
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#148 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:19 PM
Alynyad and Ladylombardi: These work fine on my PC with Ambitions, in the new Documents\Mods folder.

Rin-Rin: I don't have a Mac, sorry. Try Googling "How to install custom content for Sims 3 on a Mac" and you should find plenty of help.
Test Subject
#149 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 2:36 PM
hi CmarNYC, could you retranslate your ears-sliders in italian language?

let me help you

ears tilted = inclinazione del orecchio
ears pointed = orecchio a punta
ears pointed back = orecchio a punta sul retro

let me know and thanks for your work
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#150 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by classicplayer
hi CmarNYC, could you retranslate your ears-sliders in italian language?

let me help you

ears tilted = inclinazione del orecchio
ears pointed = orecchio a punta
ears pointed back = orecchio a punta sul retro

let me know and thanks for your work

Hi - I did get your pm, just have been caught up with custom tattoos lately and haven't followed up, sorry. I'll use your translation and update in the next few days.
Page 6 of 12