Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 8:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default new computer; weird flicker & shadows
Hello all!! good grief I have missed this community so much...

anyways, I recently was gifted a fancy new laptop as my Simming one finally cooked itself this week (RIP 8yr old Toshiba; you were amazing). I don't know much about this new one, had her less than 16hrs, she has windows 10 & according to my brother (family computer wizard) she can play just about anything...

He managed to download the complete sims 2 series for me (it is my obsession & he loves me). I had some trouble with shadows for a bit but have just sorted that out. However, while playing the game there is a very weird & disconcerting "flicker" as I move the camera.
I did manage to vid capture it happening but I can't remember how to include that in this post.

I did go thru the FAQ's but it isn't mentioned from what I quickly read.
Any help would be amazing please, as playing the game for longer than 10minutes is now triggering migraines due to the weird flickering.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 9:31 AM
Do you have on the 4 gb patch?
The graphic rules done?
Standby memory?
even if you don't have pink flashing most of these are good to do to http://marasims.tumblr.com/post/172...flash-crash-fix especially tip #5
Tip #5: Control Panel > System > Advanced settings > Advanced tab > Performance settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory. Set the custom amount for your main drive to be 25,000-30,000 and click “Set”.

While your brother is correct in saying in will play just about anything -anything new, it may not play anything old and sims 2 is an old game developed for older hardware. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0iwuLZyjMg You will find the thread this video is on in help sticky.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 5:13 PM
Thank you Joandsarah!!