Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2018 at 5:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Skins-Genetics-Towniefied-customs
So I play a alien hood with a lot of custom skins. I create a defaults using maxis skins I call it the Inhabitants. I have a range of greens and added fantasy rouge default alien skin and a fifth skin from someone else. All mimicking fantasy rouge skin.

I wanted the hood to be dominated with these skin, but I added townie and genetic skins from other creators thinking it allow for diversity in the hood. I did remove them and put in just custom but, I am now getting other Inhabitants having alien children

-
The Parents!

First born skin was changed with Chrisitanluv skin painting.
He looked like this She was born to parents with her skin tone!
Second son no problems,

but then their third child looked like this

No amount of not saving and returning to game to redo the birth would give me green skin. So I changed with the painting.

My question is there away to correct this problem? I thought by editing all the other skins in SimPE giving them number values lower than the lightest skin of the Inhabitants it would be corrected. It didn't
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2018 at 7:41 AM
Thanks for answering. I think I get it! I didn't delete them. I changed the values of them. I hope to the lowest possible. I testing to see if it worked.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th May 2018 at 9:37 AM
@Elddie The corruption to the sims DNA that happens if you delete a skin isn't the same as neighbourhood corruption and isn't dangerous. It's only a pain if you breed from a sim whose genetics have been deleted and even that can be fixed easily in simPE.

Mothering changed the values and needs someone to explain how in SimPE to change the values so it sticks and does what she wants it to do which is for the kids to turn out with the same skins as the parents.

You could use custom skin then it's guaranteed they will get a parents skin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th May 2018 at 11:46 PM
The corruption is solely with that sim or any sim you breed from it, so painted eye sim will have painted eye babies, but that doesn't cause your hood to explode. Don't be too afraid or you will lose enjoyment of your game. Stay away from obvious things like removing NPC characters, make backups, run hood checker. After that you have to enjoy yourself and if the worst comes to the worst know that you can always start a new hood.

I think one sneaky way people get corruption is placing lots that had sims moved out of, into the bin and moving those 'empty' lots between hoods. Make sure to clean them of sim references first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2018 at 2:31 AM
Thanks You Elddie and Jo I have change the values and so far so good. Ok only two new births but I'm hopeful!