Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 4:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Another roads question
I am creating a custom neighborhood which I have created in SC4. It needs to be part rural with dirt roads and part city outskirts/industrial with paved roads. I have tried several different things: Changed the default roads to dirt and put down road overlays in the hood, unfortunately the road overlays were showing up in the lot view also, including the section attached to the lot, so my sims looked like they were swimming in the streets. Hello, Philadelphia Experiment? I also tried using Lot Adjuster but after several aborted attempts to place lots where I need them to go, but not being able to figure out the numbering system, I have come to the conclusion that I am in over my head! I've googled this topic for several nights in a row and as far as I can see, there is no way to have a hood with part paved roads and part dirt roads, unless I missed something. Is there anyone here who knows of a way to do this, other than using lot adjuster or road overlays? Or, is there anyone who knows why the overlays attached to the lots are showing up in lot view? If I could make them disappear from lot view, I could just use texture tiles to cover up the section and that would be good enough for me. Thanks in advance for your help. Some amazing custom content on this site!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th May 2018 at 7:16 PM
Only one road transfers over from SC4 so you can't have a native mix. This means your only option for variation is overlays. ICad and Criquette were discussing that here: http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...eres-a-question You might find that interesting/useful.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Only one road transfers over from SC4 so you can't have a native mix. This means your only option for variation is overlays. ICad and Criquette were discussing that here: http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...eres-a-question You might find that interesting/useful.

Thank you for the link! I will check it out. You wouldn't happen to know why my Sims are sinking into the overlays in front of their lots, would you? Or even why the overlays are appearing in front of their lots. All I can think of is that I downloaded some different cameras from Lowedeus' site (hope I spelled that right!) . Could changing the cameras have caused the overlays to be visible in the lot view? Thank you for your help. I got in a bit over my head.

*Edited to add, I see that you are discussing that at the link! Sorry! If I have any questions I will come back here.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th May 2018 at 6:15 PM
Yeah Criquette explains what's happening in that post with the sinking into neighbourhood overlays.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc