Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 6:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Go To School hack not working (macOS)
I'm playing the Super Collection (i.e. all EPs up to BV) and if it affects anything, am on macOS Sierra.

I'm trying to get Chris Hatch's Go To School hack to work. I've built a community lot as a school according to the instructions and placed the globe sculptures. I got the notification saying the lot was now a public school, but the game disagrees:
  • Lot converting itself to a residential lot every time I select the globe from the catalog, save, and exit the lot
  • Game not acknowledging the lot as a school when I manually convert it back to a community lot (it sends the bus rather than a taxi)
  • The Sim is either left behind by the taxi or gets out right before it leaves and is left on their home lot
  • The Sim gets in the taxi, but the taxi drives off without them and they're left on the lot (the Sim appears to jump, but no error log pops up with testingcheats enabled - though errors have never really worked in my game for some reason)
Regardless of what happens, I can't get the Sim to arrive at the school.

I had a friend check my Downloads folder with HCDU, so I've already removed conflicting hacks. I've also tried removing every hack that relates to school, including Inge's School Changer, and removing all hacks save for the ones for Go To School and corruption-preventative hacks, but that didn't fix it either. (I even took out all my cosmetic CC, like hair and furniture and such, but that had no effect.)

I got the hack from the SimFileShare archive, so it's possible I might be missing some files for this, but I wouldn't know which ones. I have four files - GlobalOverridesPets+, GlobalSculpturePets+, GoToSchoolBV+, and BusStopSign.

Is there any indication of what I'm doing wrong?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sugarmew
I'm playing the Super Collection (i.e. all EPs up to BV) and if it affects anything, am on macOS Sierra.

I'm trying to get Chris Hatch's Go To School hack to work. I've built a community lot as a school according to the instructions and placed the globe sculptures. I got the notification saying the lot was now a public school, but the game disagrees:
  • Lot converting itself to a residential lot every time I select the globe from the catalog, save, and exit the lot
  • Game not acknowledging the lot as a school when I manually convert it back to a community lot (it sends the bus rather than a taxi)
  • The Sim is either left behind by the taxi or gets out right before it leaves and is left on their home lot
  • The Sim gets in the taxi, but the taxi drives off without them and they're left on the lot (the Sim appears to jump, but no error log pops up with testingcheats enabled - though errors have never really worked in my game for some reason)
Regardless of what happens, I can't get the Sim to arrive at the school.

I had a friend check my Downloads folder with HCDU, so I've already removed conflicting hacks. I've also tried removing every hack that relates to school, including Inge's School Changer, and removing all hacks save for the ones for Go To School and corruption-preventative hacks, but that didn't fix it either. (I even took out all my cosmetic CC, like hair and furniture and such, but that had no effect.)

I got the hack from the SimFileShare archive, so it's possible I might be missing some files for this, but I wouldn't know which ones. I have four files - GlobalOverridesPets+, GlobalSculpturePets+, GoToSchoolBV+, and BusStopSign.

Is there any indication of what I'm doing wrong?

I think it is quite likely that this Mod needs AL or M&G. Several of Chris Hatch's Mods do need M&G from what I recall.

Best thing to do is Ask @Chris Hatch. He does frequent this site and he is the best one to ask about his Mods.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 5:27 AM
You could try the Simlogical School System http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_School.htm I've never used CH's since I have used this system for years and have no need to change. It should work for Night Life up. The letters at the top denote the EP's that can use it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 5:33 PM
Bon Voyage is the minimum required, I tested it quite extensively with just base game and BV EP to be sure it would run smoothly in BV.

It seems you have the correct files installed. The game can't recognise those new zone types from n'hood view and will show the 'For Sale' message as if it were residential (it'll let you move a family in but don't do that). To confirm it is zoned as a school place a second globe in it, if it is a public school the next globe will convert it to a private school and you'll get a confirmation message. If it is a private school the next globe will convert it back to public school etc.
At home sims will only be sent to the school if it can resolve the lot to send them to. All sims of school age must attend the same school, if there a mix of public and private students the school can't be resolved.
The bus stop sign must not exist on the lot, it's purpose to prevent a particular family from going to the real school. That's because all sims must return together, if there is only teens they return at 1:00pm but if they have younger siblings they all return at 3:00pm which can be a problem if the teen(s) have a job.