Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2018 at 5:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pet breeding action keeps cancelling?
I am on about generation 3 of my pets, and the latest male cat has a high relationship with a fellow female cat but every time I 'try for kitten with', they go to each other and get the relationship boost and then it cancels out and nothing happens. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there any cheat to impregnate pets?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd May 2018 at 11:00 AM
How many sims and pets are there on the lot? Unless you use a mod to make families bigger, there's a limit to how many sims and pets you can have on a lot. I think it's a mix of up to 8 sims and/or 6 pets, until a max of 10 sims/pets (8 sims + 2 pets, 4 sims + 6 pets, or any other combo). If a sim is pregnant and the baby/babies would make the limit of sims/pets, pets won't get pregnant.

Also, have you downloaded any pet or pregnancy mods lately?
Alchemist
#3 Old 2nd May 2018 at 11:33 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 2nd May 2018 at 11:53 PM.
on apartment lots, roommates would be counted as pets.

edit:: not sure, but similar limits might apply on vacation; if the pets are summoned.

a way around the household limits might be insimenator; it can cause pregnancies when the household members are at or above household limits.
might also try insimentor's equivalents (Sim Manipulator, Sim Blender).