Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2018 at 4:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default sims 3 game pauses when i click the floor
I've noticed recently that whenever I click on the floor to move my sim to that spot my game pauses. I don't mean freezes, it pauses like I've pressed the pause button with the red frame coming up saying paused. I use CC and mods, I've gone through them to see if any of them are causing my game to pause but it doesn't seem that its any of those. It's getting annoying when I have to click on an object like a chair to get my sim into the room. I've had a look on google to see if anyone has had this problem before but it just comes up with sims game freezing or lagging which is not what my game is doing. Has anyone had this happen to them and found a way to fix it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th May 2018 at 8:14 PM
I would suggest pulling your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents to your Desktop (or rename it), thus forcing the game to spawn a new one on its next startup. You will have no added content at all of any kind there, including no mods or saved games, but they will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. If you start a new game on the clean folder, does the issue persist or is it gone? If it's gone, then it has to be something, most typically a mod, in the pulled out folder that is causing this. If it persists, then we look for other causes. This is all called the "Clean Folder Test," by the way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2018 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I would suggest pulling your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents to your Desktop (or rename it), thus forcing the game to spawn a new one on its next startup. You will have no added content at all of any kind there, including no mods or saved games, but they will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. If you start a new game on the clean folder, does the issue persist or is it gone? If it's gone, then it has to be something, most typically a mod, in the pulled out folder that is causing this. If it persists, then we look for other causes. This is all called the "Clean Folder Test," by the way.

Thank you forgot to do that. It worked so now I have to go through everything to see what caused it
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lozzkate
Thank you forgot to do that. It worked so now I have to go through everything to see what caused it

Okay, that's good news. If it's not too late, a binary sort method should help save some time here.

Let's focus on mods, say you have 100 of them. Load up this test save with 50 (making sure mods dependent on other mods are accounted for). If the problem returns, reduce that 50 to 25 (half). Then again to 12 (almost half), etc. Or, if things are clear, then add the next half so you have 75, then 87. Even if you had thousands of package files to work with from the beginning, it shouldn't take too many game restarts to zero in on the culprit(s). Be sure to clear the cache files after each change to Mods\Packages.