Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:14 AM
Default Have you seen this new UI?
I've stumbled upon a Clean UI reskin. Now it's not released yet but I wanted to hear people's opinions on it. What do you guys think? I for one love it and can't wait for it to be released!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:51 AM
I guess I am more..traditional? I would keep mine as it is.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:58 AM
I dig it! I'll be keeping a close eye on greatcheesecakepersona's tumblr so I can snatch it up when they release it.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:25 AM
This would be good for the "Look at This Awesome Thing I Found!" thread, here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments rather than making a new thread for it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
This would be good for the "Look at This Awesome Thing I Found!" thread, here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments rather than making a new thread for it.

Oh shoot I didn't even realize that was a thread! I'll try to remember for next time!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:28 AM
That's fine Maybe go add it to it, the threads on the second page, it could do with a bump.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:47 AM
That's pretty cool. Not something I'd use myself, but it's still pretty good looking.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:22 AM
I like that it makes everything modern and flat looking. Not really fond of the colour change. But that desaturated blue doesn't look good for The Sims 2. Would rather keep the original deep blue-purple and neon green colour scheme.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#9 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:48 AM
I quite like it - i've been looking for a new UI for a LONG time

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:06 PM
it looks so up to date i can't wait for it to be released
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:15 PM
I will try it out. Never knew it could be customized (I tried googling, never had found one).
Theorist
#12 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:27 PM
I like the overall design...but that agressive neon green with that white is painful....

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:19 PM
It's not my style, but I'm seriously impressed that someone has managed to do something this ambitious with The Sims 2 - and that there are creators for Sims 2 still working on the game who were 4 at the time the game was initially released. That has to be good for the long-term future of the modding community
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
there are creators for Sims 2 still working on the game who were 4 at the time the game was initially released. That has to be good for the long-term future of the modding community

I, too, was 4 when the game was initially released
I got the base game for my 8th birthday (so 2008) and was hooked from the first second. But anyway this is off-topic.

I really like the idea behind this, but I also in general don't like mods that change the UI a lot. I very much prefer and am used to the default UI.
Though, this definitely looks better than all of those UI mods that change the colour to ugly yellows or greens or reds *shudders*
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:32 PM
It reminds me of the Sims 4, but I fully agree with @ieta_cassiopeia .
Theorist
#16 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:57 AM
I'm digging it so much that I might even consider reinstalling UC after I started out fresh on a Windows reinstall for New years.