Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2010 at 2:06 AM
Default Ambitions - Full of Lost Dreams?
So as you know, I uninstalled TS3 a while ago to save drivespace, but I want to know your thoughts on the newest expansion - Ambitions. Will it's audience's dreams of awesome gameplay be crushed on the release date?

Your turn, guys!

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st May 2010 at 1:44 PM
Yes! TS3 was not as good as they made out so I don't see why this should be any different. But then, I haven't got TS3 so I wouldn't really know, but from what I can see TS3 is not very good.

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

"Some things I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know."
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2010 at 2:48 PM
Most likely Ambition will be more than awesome, adding more the the fun TS3 already is. Unfortunately this question cannot be truly answered until people actually get the EP and play it. Of course new bugs will come with this EP, that's more of an EA rule than exception, but when those are sorted out then (making an assumption here as I have not played the EP yet), we will have one very good EP to have fun with.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 7:44 AM
OMFGz to the millionth, TS3 Ambitions is freaking awesome! I know, I know, it was SUPPOSED to suck, but they have laundry, trampolines, The Woo Woo 4000 (aka the best name for a firetruck EVER) and EXPLOSIONS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmTx...feature=related

That, my friends, is NOT lost dreams. Wow. Just wow.

(Oh, and BTW, I'm still not buying it. I'm just happy it doesn't suck like WA did.)

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 12:16 AM
I don't understand why they have all these expansions for Sims 2 and they go out and do something like this. How about add on more to Sims2?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vettias
I don't understand why they have all these expansions for Sims 2 and they go out and do something like this. How about add on more to Sims2?

There are probably a number of reasons why:

First and foremost: MONEY, a new franchise that is advertised to be shiny is probably the main reason why EA decided to create sims 3.

2) It's hard for players to keep adding expansion after expansion using an old graphics engine. As technology gets better, coding and packaging files gets more efficient and the game's files don't take as much space (i'm not saying it doesn't take up space, but coding packaging does likely become more efficient). I don't know about you,but with every expansion or custom content i added to my sims 2 game, the slower it became.

3)Some people *need* an "improvement" of graphics or they get bored of "old" games. I don't know how true this is, considering World of Warcraft, but some people really do play every aspect of the game and get bored, and it's true that the sims 3 does have new play options.

However, i played sims 3, and it doesn't compare to the innovation introduced to the sims series as did the sims 2. I went back to sims 2 right away.

*waves hi*
Banned
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 11:05 PM
never got sims 3 amditions but like all the other sims 3 games it's *****! rubbish. i am a film maker, i have made more that a hundred films with sims 2 but with sims 3 i only made adout ... six i think after that i unistalled it cos it was rubbish even watching paint dry was detter than sims 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:00 PM
Like freetime only with sims 3 and I did not like freetime.
Scholar
#9 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 2:58 PM
I don't think it's like Freetime. Freetime was fun and had activities. Ambitions is boring like most of TS3. Being a makeover stylist is like taking your sims into CAS, being an architect is like being in edit town and renovating, the ghost buster thing is yiour sim walking around property chasing colored orbs and vaccuuming them up (its very repetetive action) and the firefighter job is boring they spend 80% of their time fixing the fire alarm at the station house.

The whole thing was promoted as better and more than what it is. I really hate the town that came with the EP. Swampland? Uh, no thanks.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 7:08 PM
I definitely prefer Sims 2 with mods over Ambitions, mostly because of how confusing it gets.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
I don't think it's like Freetime. Freetime was fun and had activities. Ambitions is boring like most of TS3. Being a makeover stylist is like taking your sims into CAS, being an architect is like being in edit town and renovating, the ghost buster thing is yiour sim walking around property chasing colored orbs and vaccuuming them up (its very repetetive action) and the firefighter job is boring they spend 80% of their time fixing the fire alarm at the station house. .

It's is like freetime but on relfection also allot like some of the original sims games but I have not got this game as I have offically given up on sims 3 improving to a standard which I may like the game, but I have to agree with the points you made.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 8:48 PM
I think it's ok. I just honestly hate sims 3. I really wasted my money!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 5:09 PM
Ambitions, more like Ambling Thoughts... It's TS3s awnser for OfB and is a load of c**p

Just Call me Square!