Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15526 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 2:42 AM
Never heard that. They probably just put one after the other with enough gap in between I would guess.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15528 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I read about it here .

Yeah, they've just put them one in front of the other and fenced off the side so the next obstacle course is the only way to get out.
Mad Poster
#15529 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:39 PM
Is there anything to be concerned about in rebuilding Community Lots and packaging them for my own re-use? Owned or unowned? I'm vaguely remembering something about bartenders and bars, and wonder if I need to have, say, Malcolm sell Club Dante before I package the makeover. I'm not worried about cc, since it's only for my own use.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#15530 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:52 PM
If you're trying to build an empty neighborhood, you have to watch out for objects that spawn NPCs, because they sometimes spawn them in build mode. As far as I know, they don't leave behind anything except the normal sim references, which you can always clean out if you want to. I wouldn't worry about that, building for yourself.

I wouldn't package an owned lot while it was owned, either. That sounds like asking for trouble.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#15531 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:57 PM
Speaking of packaging lots--are there any tutorials on cleaning a lot in order to prepare it for sharing?

Also, for lot uploaders, how extensively do you playtest before uploading, if you playtest at all?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15532 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:33 PM
Yes, I posted one here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188

If in doubt please playtest a copy. How extensive is up to you, but if you are unsure of something, playtest.
If something isn't usable without a mod it's nice to say so and list the needed mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15533 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Yeah, they've just put them one in front of the other and fenced off the side so the next obstacle course is the only way to get out.

I tried that and it didn't work. I'd get routing failures instead.
Forum Resident
#15534 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 2:38 AM
On the download statistics on MTS, how is it possible that there are more downloads than views in a single day?
Alchemist
#15535 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 2:59 AM
Someone downloading more than once? Or multiple downloads on the same page?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#15536 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Speaking of packaging lots--are there any tutorials on cleaning a lot in order to prepare it for sharing?

Also, for lot uploaders, how extensively do you playtest before uploading, if you playtest at all?

Some lots I do next to no playtesting and others I've played extensively. I try and provide clear pictures and a few playtest notes to help the people who care about those things know up front before they download what they can expect. Not everyone plays the same or is even necessarily looking for playable lots, others care a great deal & want things as close to perfect as possible and some will rework your lot to suit themselves regardless. I don't think it makes a difference, TBH. Just provide the info. so people know what they're getting.
Mad Poster
#15537 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:36 AM
I'll usually playtest any weird new ideas quite extensively on a test lot (like the alleyway 'apartment' on my Inequality District lot, for example- I played with a simplified version of that for quite a while to make sure a 'public' apartment would actually work the way I wanted it to), but unless it's a lot where something about the gameplay particularly captures my interest, it's usually a pretty quick run-through of just making sure that Sims will be able to route correctly where they should, and that nothing is misbehaving unexpectedly.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#15538 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 7:45 AM
Was anything ever created to waive paying rent in apartments? Not all of them, just chosen ones (i.e. something to simulate buying an apartment outright)?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Theorist
#15539 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 1:57 PM
Is there something that prevents Ghosts from becoming angry if you sell their bed? My Goth family already has two useless beds from past generations stashed away in the attic, I don't want them to end up collecting the whole set...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#15540 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 7:44 PM Last edited by grammapat : 7th Oct 2018 at 7:22 AM.
I always thought that was funny. YOUR bed!? You mean the one that many generations have been conceived in? The one where the sheets are NEVER changed. Yea I know, they are only pixels; but I get rid of those beds. Um..and what else do ghosts get mad about? And PS: funniest ghost pic I have: Katlyn, the maid who became a member of a family and died of old age. As a ghost she was still cleaning the house.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#15541 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Is there something that prevents Ghosts from becoming angry if you sell their bed? My Goth family already has two useless beds from past generations stashed away in the attic, I don't want them to end up collecting the whole set...

I always assumed moving the graves to a community lot would work.
Mad Poster
#15542 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 9:44 PM
You can use Twojeff's Smart Beds to unset the bed ownership just before they die. I've never tried this, but perhaps if you use Chris Hatch's controllable ghost hack, you can temporarily make them selectable and unset their bed ownership.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#15543 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
You can use Twojeff's Smart Beds to unset the bed ownership just before they die. I've never tried this, but perhaps if you use Chris Hatch's controllable ghost hack, you can temporarily make them selectable and unset their bed ownership.

Thank you!

It's nice that you at least had some advice.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#15544 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

Sell their beds a day or so before they die and give them a new one. The most-used object the ghosts obsess over usually becomes a toilet, and you're less likely to need to sell that.
Instructor
#15545 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 2:06 AM
Does anyone know why Ohbehave's Miasmata plants flash blue?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15546 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 2:28 AM
You haven't got the master for the set.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15547 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Check the relationships. Sometimes the relationship flags are set wrong. "Had affair" memories are only generated if a sim is engaged or married. If the sim who doesn't get the memory doesn't have a commitment flag set, and the one who does, does, that would be how it happened.

Whereabouts should I be looking for that? I found a panel in SimPE under "Relations" that lists how the sims are related to one another, but it's showing both as married to each other; I don't see anything to fix, is what I mean.
Mad Poster
#15548 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:45 AM
That's the place to look. If the flags are set correctly, they should each get a "had an affair" memory the first time they engage in a romantic interaction with their +1, and I can't even guess why he didn't get one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15549 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
The most-used object the ghosts obsess over usually becomes a toilet,

Ooh, great tip... I've never seen a ghost haunt a toilet!
Undead Molten Llama
#15550 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Does anyone know why Ohbehave's Miasmata plants flash blue?

Two reasons:

1) As Jo said, the set is heavily repositoried. If you have removed any of the meshes, you might have inadvertently removed one of the master meshes. The solution for this is to reinstall any meshes you may have deleted.

2) The original set is cloned from flower squares but they do not have textures for when the plants wilt/die. So, when they go into those states, they will flash blue. The solutions to this are: A) Take care of the plants (which is impractical if you have a ton of them on a lot), B) Use a Perfect Plants mod, found on this page so that you don't have to do that (but it will also eliminate the need to care for any other flower squares/shrubs on your lots), or C) get rid of the original set and use the re-cloned ones that Fractured Moonlight made that are cloned from sculptures instead so they don't require care. I'm not in the mood to go hunting for links, but I imagine they're either on her Tumblr or on Plumbbob Keep. Or maybe both. If you get Frac's set, then you will have to replace every instance of the Miasmata plants on your lots, so if you have a lot of them, the most efficient thing to do, IMO, is to use a Perfect Plants mod.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 622 of 1339