Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
upgrading outdated hardware may be seen as not reasonable (you cannot teach that cow fly, right?)

I think that depends on case by case, for laptops, some models can be upgrade and some cannot, for example like Ivy Bridge processor such as the Celeron/Pentium/Core i3, let's say the Core i3 3110M model >> this type M (or QM) processor is upgradeable to Core i5/i7 as long as in the same socket platform, but Core i3 3217U >> cannot be upgrade, because the U processor is permanently soldered to the motherboard therefore cannot be remove and replace, that's how I got my Core i3 laptop upgraded to i7, I got the i7 3632QM from ebay for only $70

But unfortunately not my dedicated Geforece 610M graphics as it's permanently soldered to the motherboard, maybe it was because my laptop 13 inch size, usually the ones that upgradeable are the 15-17 inch laptops, so.. if by any chance the OP's Celeron/Pentium processor are not the U model, there are plenty of mobile Core i3/i5/i7 processor for replacement on ebay, it's not hard to DIY, just go to youtube for tutorial if one is needed.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:35 AM
(Yes, now the screenshots are showing up as intended.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 2 of 2