Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 6:35 AM
Sorry if this is a stupid question - have you updated the Nvidia driver since the pink flashing started?

There is a utility here that may help you - the Nvidia Inspector thing (I have not used it myself, but know people who won't be without it under any circumstances) : https://www.techspot.com/downloads/...-inspector.html

Sorry if I haven't seen this either, but do you use the 4GB patch? I think if you don't, I would try that first.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Sorry if this is a stupid question - have you updated the Nvidia driver since the pink flashing started?

There is a utility here that may help you - the Nvidia Inspector thing (I have not used it myself, but know people who won't be without it under any circumstances) : https://www.techspot.com/downloads/...-inspector.html

Sorry if I haven't seen this either, but do you use the 4GB patch? I think if you don't, I would try that first.

It is not a stupid question, but yes, I have updated the Nvidia drivers 3x after the flashing. The last one I followed this tutorial for a clean reinstall in save mode. Enabling the LAA (Large Adress Aware) for Sims 2 was one of the first things I did after installing the game. After the flashing I have checked and it is still enabled.
I had the Nvidia Inspector on my older computers, but I don't know what exactly went wrong with my graphics, so I don't know what I should change with the Inspector?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:38 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 16th Dec 2017 at 5:50 PM. Reason: Add something
4GB patch?

I am not sure if you have tried to run the game without any cc? (Make a backup, take out the cc and try to run it).
I will be back tomorrow, I will try to compare your logs with mine as well.

Edit - it seems that I have more texture memory than you have; perhaps you could check that; and it could be something in your downloads? That is the only difference I can see.
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:13 AM
4 GB patch-yes
LAA-yes
Kiri texture fixes- yes
right click icon and run as administrator-yes
uninstall old driver and reinstall newest driver in safe mode-yes

Totally uninstall Sims 2 game- yes
Reinstall game and do all the steps above all over again and
still have flashing magenta pink disaster- yes

I am convinced this problem is a combination of hardware
(Nvidia GTX GPU), a driver update and maybe something in a Windows 10 update in November.
Though players were having this problem before November-I don't know why.
My computer was custom built in August of this year. Before August I played Sims 2 for 5 years on a Windows 7 computer and a Radeon graphics card with zero-zilch-0- problem.

So I hit the trash can button today and deleted the neighborhood I was playing, I think it was just corrupted beyond repair, but I had not invested much time in it
so it was not a big deal. Got my clean Pleasantview template reinstalled and hoping for the best. We Shall See.
I feel so badly for the players dealing with this pink nightmare in their well-established 'hoods.

Thank You everyone for your suggestions and everything.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:05 AM
I honestly don't have problems with my Nvidia card; drivers updates and Windows 10 updates at all. I do use the Ultimate Collection and started using Windows 10 when it was released.

The pink flashing in my game has only happened 3 to 4 times, deleting thumbnails fixed it at once. I also have not seen it in a while.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:41 PM
@Justpetro there are two ways of letting the game use more than 2GB - the 4GB patch or setting it with the CFF Explorer. I have used the CFF Explorer.
Do you play the patched version of the UC? Because I don't.

@bitmap52 I did all the things you did, except reinstalling the game.
I have all my neighborhoods outside the game and only move the one I want to play into the neighborhoods folder. Since the flashing I tested only with newly generated test hoods, but it did not change anything.

I have played with my current setting since last december. Never had pink flashing, not even in the biggest neighborhoods, or playing for 12-20 hours. The last time I've added new CC was in september/october and the game was fine with it. I always check them in a test folder for a while before I add new ones.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:06 PM
The UC comes fully patched. if you are talking about the latest update, I have that too - here is some info:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603256

(Read the whole thread)
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
if you are talking about the latest update, I have that too

I'm actually quite interested if the latest UC update changed anything about the pink flashing. My own guess is that it probably didn't help with this matter - it seems that the update mostly just removed the Securom - but I haven't found exact enough information about it. I can't install the update myself as I don't have UC in my own Origin (Origin doesn't support family sharing), but if someone has any experience about this, I'm all ears.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 2:41 AM
My game is working again!

I did nothing new, just waited for an update. And after 5 long months it finaly came. A new little Windows 10 update. They fixed something with the graphics.
No flashing pink, no crashes, during the 6 hours I've played.

I hope this will help anyone with the same problem (Windows 10/1709/Nvidia 10 series cards).

I have my Sims back ... :lovestruc
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BinahLaGoaty

I did nothing new, just waited for an update. And after 5 long months it finaly came. A new little Windows 10 update. They fixed something with the graphics.

I hope this will help anyone with the same problem (Windows 10/1709/Nvidia 10 series cards).

Awesome news! Maybe I can update my computer back to 1709 soon too! Can you check for me what the update was? Go to your windows updates and check update history. I'd like to know what the KBxxxxx number on it is to research on it and check out what on the update fixes the problem
Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 5:56 PM

Hey! Happy for you!! I'd also love to learn which windows update version fixed the problem in your case! As soon as I read your post, I updated my laptop but the pink flashing disaster is still there for me... Maybe I'm missing that particular update still? Because I'm also on Windows 10, Nvidia GTX 1060.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by s4rts4
Awesome news! Maybe I can update my computer back to 1709 soon too! Can you check for me what the update was? Go to your windows updates and check update history. I'd like to know what the KBxxxxx number on it is to research on it and check out what on the update fixes the problem

I had two updates on April 12th: (KB4093110) and (KB4093112).
Scholar
#38 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 8:51 AM
I had big problems (but not with my game) after the windows update this winter (Fall Creators Update) as well. In the end, I had to completely reinstall my machine since my network services and other things were corrupted and I could not do my work. After reinstalling, everything is fine. Try to run windows update and see if that helps any.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 6:26 PM
I had two updates on April 12th: (KB4093110) and (KB4093112).

Thanks for informing!
I checked and found out I have both updates installed. But unfortunately it didn't solve my pink flashing problem...
I still hope the next major windows update will be the solution.
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 9:42 AM Last edited by s4rts4 : 26th Apr 2018 at 3:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by xRedcrossx
Thanks for informing!
I checked and found out I have both updates installed. But unfortunately it didn't solve my pink flashing problem...
I still hope the next major windows update will be the solution.

Thanks for checking @BinahLaGoaty!

@xRedcrossx, Ouch! I'm also waiting to test the upcoming spring creators update. It was supposed to roll out on April 10th, but they found out some big enough problems with it to delay it further more. I'll have to test the updated 1709 when I have time.

Edit. There's been an update to the Sims 2 UC on origin today. Anyone with windows 1709 and issues testing it yet?
http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/2...date-on-origin/

There's no notes on the update yet on the official site though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 4:38 PM Last edited by BinahLaGoaty : 6th May 2018 at 8:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by s4rts4

Edit. There's been an update to the Sims 2 UC on origin today. Anyone with windows 1709 and issues testing it yet?
http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/2...date-on-origin/

There's no notes on the update yet on the official site though.

I just read about it on Tumbr and I am a little bit scared of testing it. Now, after I finally got my game to work again.
Maybe this weekend, because I need to restore all the original game files first. And there are so many...

Edit:
I've updated today. Now my game is flashing pink again.
I did all the important things (4GB patch, DEP, memory allocation fix, checked the graphic rules and log file) but it didn't helped.

Edit 2:
My game is working again! It was a CC neighborhood. I never played it before, but after the upate stupid me did all the testings with this one. Today I've deleted it and tried some of the Maxis ones. And they were fine.
The problematic NH is Rodeburg .
Page 2 of 2