Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2018 at 10:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Dropping water level on lot with strange "hollow water"
I downloaded Mount Vladek from this site (I have also commented in the feedback under that download) and am turning it into a hotel. While making adjustments to the ground around the buildings, the level of the moat dropped suddenly and I am unable to get the level of the water to rise up to what it was. I have googled every thread I could find on the subject and tried using the "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false" cheat, which does not appear to be working for me even though I have tried it with and without "boolprop" as well as capitalizing letters and not capitalizing them. I have tried raising the ground around the moat, which caused the water level to rise a little but not up to where it was, and as soon as I change the terrain level anywhere else it goes back down again. I am also seeing this strange black water that looks like an overlay or something but no water under it.

I cannot pick it up or modify it. It animates like ocean water when I click on the "save lot" icon.

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I was up all night trying to figure out how to fix the moat and it is beyond my rudimentary skill ( ) so I am turning to the experts for guidance! I'll appreciate any advice! Thank you!

“I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.”
--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st May 2018 at 10:19 PM
not sure, but the lot adjuster program might have one or more option to fix the lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2018 at 10:45 PM
I have Lot Adjuster but I am not very proficient with it. I attempted to use it to place lots without roads but it confused me.

Here is another screenshot of the moat (I added the river rock terrain after the last shot was taken). The dark areas at the top right and bottom left corners of the picture are the strange "hollow water" I described in post #1.

The "water" stays in those areas and will not extend into the rest of the moat. Also, it is possible to use the water tool and dig down to the lot water which is now underneath the level of this "water"' but not possible to raise the level of the lot water up to match this dark "water".

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st May 2018 at 10:45 PM
That can happen if you fiddle with the ground or building. I tend to make lots of backups of a lot as I go because I've never been able to reverse it.

The black water is the water mod. If you didn't intend to install it you might want to find it. http://modthesims.info/d/587597

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st May 2018 at 10:50 PM
I see. No, I did intend to install it. But why is it only in those two areas?

I guess I may have to start over again. Yeah, I am kicking myself for not making a backup. Live and learn.

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 5:39 PM
Lot is black because you need a pool on that lot of yours since pond and ocean water with thatmod takes reflections from pool reflections. I reccomend you download invisible pool CC if you want the water to look nice :D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:47 PM
The OP knows that. The problem is that the water is behaving oddly and not filling the moat properly.