Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 4:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Swapping a mesh hairstyle to opposite gender
Hey, just a quick question. Not asking for a full tutorial with me on how to do it unless you have one you can link me to one. I just want to be pointed in the right direction on what I would need to do this. I am pretty good with working with editing programs and very good at Blender.

All I want to really do is I want to enable a hair style that is currently only male only already in the game and make it to where I can make it available to female characters also. What programs do I need to edit meshes to make them available to the other gender? Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 9:51 AM
You need a meshing program that can import and export SMD (or the rigged format SimPE uses for the GMDC) - I thnk Milkshape and Blender (with the correct plugins) are your only options. You also need SimPE and Bodyshop.

A quick overview:

- Extract the AF and TF hair meshes from the female counterpart (children and toddlers can use the originals, no need to make changes)
- Extract the scalp (amhairbald and tmhairbald) for the teen and AM age
- Import the scalp (and with it the appropriate skeleton) into the meshing program
- Import the hair in (in Milkshape, remember to answer "no" to the "import another skeleton" question)
- Do any changes (the AM/TM heads are in different places) and rename parts if needed
- If the hair had a different scalp, copy over information to the proper scalp
- Repeat for TM (you can scale the AM mesh, or use the TF mesh).
- Then you make a recolor for a male hair (you may be able to use the original hair and change the age), link the recolor to the mesh, and test it both in Bodyshop and ingame.

AM/YM/EM can use the same mesh, so you don't need to make more than one of them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 12:51 PM
Thank you so much! I'll tinker with this after I get off work tonight.