Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 5:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't build anything above ground level
I'm somewhat experienced with Grid and LotAdjuster, so earlier today when I needed to do some changes to the lot I was building for the Apartment Mania contest, I didn't think I would need to backup the lot. I had used those programs a few times before, I thought I knew my way with them, but I think I screwed up. When I loaded the lot again to finish it, the game wouldn't recognise any floors above ground level. I can't place furniture, build walls/fences, place floor tiles or paint walls, I can't do anything on any floor that is not the ground floor. If I try to build walls, they will all be at ground level.

Is there any thing I can do to try and fix this? Copying what I have to another lot would waste valuable time (the lot is due tomorrow morning!), but that's the only option I see right now. I will start doing it until someone can answer.
From now on, I'll make copies of my lots anytime I mess with them using these programs.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 6:30 PM
OK, nevermind, sorted everything myself.

Inadvertently, I had messed up the elevations with GridAdjuster. I decided to fiddle some more with it before rebuilding the lot and eventually I figured out that each level was way lower than it would normally be. I then changed the elevation of each level (using GridAdjuster) back to their regular height and manually rebuilt the split-level using CFE. AFAIK, everything's back to normal. I can now build on each level again.

What a relief!

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!