Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 7:30 PM Last edited by fewlines : 8th Jul 2018 at 9:45 PM.
Default Spinning/flashing polygons in CAS
hello! i apologise for anything i'm doing wrong. i'm not sure how to search for this, so please delete or redirect me to the right place if this is a stupid question or the wrong way to ask about it.

since yesterday, and out of the blue (i say this because there have been no updates to my computer), when i go into CAS to make a Sim, i see a series of spinning polygons, flashing and flickering. it happens when trying to add a new Sim or pet.

the rest of the game shows perfect graphics, no distortion issues at all. i can play with pre-made families just fine, the problem is just with new Sims, which i can't create at all because their bodies do not show up. it's just these shapes.

i have no mods or cc and i have updated and repaired the game. if this question is allowed, please let me know if i can ad any useful information here. (i have uploaded the graphic rules and config log files. i could only add them as .txt files, but the graphic rules does have its .sgr extension in my Config folder.)

thank you for reading.

EDIT: i feel really dumb right now. i had forgotten to modify the useshaders value, everything works as it should now. i apologise for the waste of space!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Graphics.txt (33.3 KB, 4 downloads)
Description: graphics rules
File Type: txt  MAX-G0101-config-log.txt (10.4 KB, 2 downloads)
Description: config log