Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Dead sim didn't get a grave?
So after a large fire a 3 sim family died. 2 of them were reaped correctly and they have their tombstones and all, but one of them wasn't. Grim just floated to the living room, sat down, got up, and left (2nd and 3rd victim died at the same time). Victim 3 didn't get a grave, at all, and I wanna know if this will cause corruption if I save, and/or if I'll later be able to revive this person. Any help?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 9:22 PM
I've missed the urn before. Are you sure it's not there? If they are inside, it's an urn, not a tombstone.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I've missed the urn before. Are you sure it's not there? If they are inside, it's an urn, not a tombstone.

Yes, I am confident that it's supposed to be a grave, and it's not on the lot.
If I save without a grave, will it cause corruption? And will I be able to resurrect them?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 2:36 AM
If you have Pescado's nounlinkondelete already in your game, a missing grave should not cause corruption and you should still be able to resurrect that sim.

If you're not going to resurrect the sim with the missing grave, you will need to respawn the grave. I know of two ways to to do this.

FIRST METHOD You will need the following mods in your game:
a) Pescado's FFS Debugger (the "batbox")
b) A teleporter capable of accessing sims in the Default category that are normally not accessible. I recommend either Inge's cat statue or the Sim Blender by TwoJeffs
c) Some method of making a summoned sim selectable. There are many ways of doing this - enabling the testing cheats, the Sim Blender, the Sim Manipulator, Merola's Mirror, etc.

Instructions translated from the Pescado-ish and updated for the most recent version of Sims 2 (the conversation in the link took place 2005 and some of the information is a bit out-dated):

1. Pause your game and enable the testing cheats if you haven't already done it (enter "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" into the cheat console without the quotes). You won't be able to use the required batbox function if the testing cheats are turned off.
2. Teleport the dead sim whose grave is missing to your lot. Dead sims are in the Default category. Be careful not to summon a universal NPC by mistake. If the teleporter cannot find the grave, then the dead sim's character data is destroyed (this probably means your neighborhood is now corrupted). The sim with the missing grave should appear on your lot.
3. Make the sim selectable using one of the methods in "c)" above, then select the sim and SHIFT-CLICK on the lot debugger and choose Items > Respawn Tombstone. Keep the dead sim selected while you do all this. Then unpause your game. The dead sim should quickly disappear, to be replaced by a newly-respawned urn or gravestone. The Lot Debugger will treat all elders re-tombstoned in such a manner as having died of old age, with the platinum tombstone appearing if the relevant aspirational level of achieved. Otherwise you will get the plain old gray one.
4. With testing cheats still enabled, you can SHIFT-CLICK on the grave and choose what type of death you want the ghost to have.

SECOND METHOD - There is a mod called the Urnstone Spawner - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=236885 - This can apparently respawn graves without as much fuss as the procedure above, but I can't tell you much more about it since I haven't used it.
Alchemist
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:01 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 24th Jul 2018 at 9:35 PM.
if you do encounter corruption, the Hood Checker program might be able to fix it.

edit:: that program can for sure check for signs of corruption.