Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Oldie Family
So, I had Daniel get caught cheating, sent the twins to college, and accidentally had the surprise child taken away. I moved in the Oldie family with Mary-Sue, but they still show in the family bin as well. I tried searching for a similar thread with no luck, and am hoping enough people are active still. Not sure if it's a common glitch and I should avoid the Oldie family or not..

Edit: I have the Ultimate Collection, but haven't had many issues with it before. I can't think of any custom content it could be, I recently quarantined my Downloads folder for another issue.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:17 PM
How did you move them in? Did you combine households in neighborhood view? Or did you do it a different way? (If that's even possible. I've never played Pleasantview. Does Mary Sue have relationships with her parents and can invite them over via the phone and ask them to move in and all that? I'm not sure how it works with premades, honestly, since I've never played them. ) If you didn't do it by combining households by dragging the binned Oldies into the Pleasant house in neighborhood view, then it probably didn't clear out the bin by doing it the other way. So long as everything's working properly, it's probably not something to worry about, though I wouldn't try moving another iteration of them into a different household.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM Last edited by MeiMcKorrmik : 29th Jul 2018 at 10:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
How did you move them in? Did you combine households in neighborhood view? Or did you do it a different way? (If that's even possible. I've never played Pleasantview. Does Mary Sue have relationships with her parents and can invite them over via the phone and ask them to move in and all that? I'm not sure how it works with premades, honestly, since I've never played them. ) If you didn't do it by combining households by dragging the binned Oldies into the Pleasant house in neighborhood view, then it probably didn't clear out the bin by doing it the other way. So long as everything's working properly, it's probably not something to worry about, though I wouldn't try moving another iteration of them into a different household.

I did it through the family bin, and I'll have to check if they have any relationships with each other. I didn't think to do that before switching households.

The only other issue is the game sometimes crashes, but it's not very frequent and honestly not an issue. Just reminds me to save more often!

Edit: The Oldie family I moved in do show as related to Mary-Sue and the twins. I moved out the family, and looked in SimPE, and the second Oldie family doesn't show up at all.

Edit 2: If I move the second Oldie family into a vacant lot, it enters as build mode and no sims. Weird. They also no longer exist in the family bin now..
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 10:55 PM
I've never had a problem with the Oldies and have played them several times, but I don't have the UC so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I would suggest you have Mary Sue try to phone one of them. If the game is still seeing them as being in the family bin, their icons will be present in her phone book, but you'll get a "Sim has no phone" message when she selects them. If that happens, your neighbourhood has already been corrupted by the error and you should just delete it and start over, especially if you've only just started.

If they don't appear in her phone book, it's probably just a graphics glitch that has left the image behind when the Sims themselves have moved. Even so, don't try to delete them from the family bin, because it might still cause corruption (never, ever delete a Sim from the family bin). My guess is that if you tried to move them into another house they'd just disappear because there's nothing there but the image, but as iCad says that's probably not a good idea - even if they vanish, they may still have had some other information attached that would roam loose and cause corruption, and if you're actually able to move them in then you would definitely have major corruption.

ETA: Sounds as though it was just a graphics glitch, then. You're probably fine.
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 8:45 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 30th Jul 2018 at 9:48 PM.
problem probably relates to the quarantine.
might attempt to get folder from out of quarantine then add this game to firewall exceptions.

edit:: if computer has an anti-virus, probably also add this game to the exceptions of it.