Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 3:08 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:57 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help with merging cc?
So I followed this tutorial here and I only merged recolors, meaning I mostly had MMAT in the files, so I selected everything and clicked on ''Unique Instances'' since I had to do that for the game to recognize individual recolors in one package. I then saved the file. But the thing is, it didn’t work for me? Most (not all) of the recolors I merged using this method is now flashing blue. I didn't merge different objects' recolors, only the ones who where recolors of the same object. I leaved the mesh untouched.

I backed up my files before merging so I can just swap them back but I’m just wondering why this didn’t work for me? Or what I did wrong? I don’t necessarily need to merge, my pc can handle ts2 running fine and I only have around 3GB of CC so it’s not a big deal but the thing is - it took me 4 hours to merge... So it feels a little shitty having spent so much time on merging and then it didn't work.. hah

Idk if this could’ve done something but I ran the merged files through The Compressorizer after merging them. Could that be a problem?
Edit: nope, the compressorizer isn't at fault. I merged some recolors again but this time without using the compressorizer, and swaped the old file for the new file of the same recolor in my downloads folder. Still flashing blue objects/textures

I tried searching the forums here (and tumblr, google) but I didn't find someone having this problem.

So...

Sorry if I just suck at searching x_x
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:26 PM
Okay so after hours trying to find the problem (when it comes to things I don't understand/can't find, I rarely give up on searching) and I finally found the problem... When merging the recolors which didn't show up, I must have forgotten to click on MMAT in the resource tree, meaning I used ''unique instances'' on everything. I merged the recolors which didn't show up once again (this time clicking on the MMAT in the resource tree) and now it works. Thought I'd leave my ''solution'' here if anyone stumble upon my post and have the same problem like me.

Yeah, I facepalmed when I realized the problem was me being clumsy :D:D