Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 10:43 PM
Default Theres A Bald Spot On A Maxis Hair Mesh When I Use Sims 4 Studio
Hi, my name is Evan and I'm new to creating custom content. I have a problem with using The Sims 4 Studio. (Please tell me if I'm not posting in the right area)
I'm trying to edit a Sims 4 Maxis base game hair mesh and i'm also using the 3D Model program "Blender" so I can flip the bangs to the right. The problem is that when I import the hair mesh in Sims 4 Studio, a bald spot appears in the front of the head.
I did update the game and I only have The Sims 4 base game. This is a Maxis Hair Mesh and I don't think I need to download a mesh to get it to work but please correct me if i'm wrong and give me some info. Thanks!

P.S: I'm new to The Sims 4 Studio and Blender.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 3:58 PM
It's impossible to tell much from a picture without seeing the package, but I can guess based on how TS4 Hair is structured. There are three meshes in a hair: one that's the full hair and two hat cuts, which are meshes with the top part cut off to prevent it from showing through hats. (There are two types of hats so two hat cuts.) Maybe what you're seeing is one of the hat cut meshes rather than the full hair. I don't use S4 Studio or Blender but from what I've read this can happen if you change the mesh and don't keep the correct cut numbers when you import it back.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It's impossible to tell much from a picture without seeing the package, but I can guess based on how TS4 Hair is structured. There are three meshes in a hair: one that's the full hair and two hat cuts, which are meshes with the top part cut off to prevent it from showing through hats. (There are two types of hats so two hat cuts.) Maybe what you're seeing is one of the hat cut meshes rather than the full hair. I don't use S4 Studio or Blender but from what I've read this can happen if you change the mesh and don't keep the correct cut numbers when you import it back.

I also don't know what a cut number is. I'm a dummy and new to creating custom content for The Sims 4. Do you know how to keep the cut numbers?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 10:53 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 5th Dec 2017 at 11:10 PM.
As I said I don't use Studio so I don’t know. Have you asked on the Studio forums or looked at their tutorials?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
As I said I don't use Studio so I don’t know. Have you asked on the Studio forums or looked at their tutorials?

No, not yet. I just created a thread on Sims 4 Studio recently. But thanks again! Hopefully I will find a way to fix it. This is for a music video and i'm being very nitpicky on
the style of the hair. The bangs needs to be parted to the right not the left.