Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 12:18 PM
Milkshape 3D: can't import ?
Hey !

Im trying to convert a TS2 CC cloth to TS4, i used SimPE to export the mesh in .obj file format, but when i wan't to import it to Milkshape 3D (version 1.8.5 BETA 1) nothing is happening, nothing appearing...
I even tried to import with the others format type that SimPE can do, doesn't even work...
Its really weird, because i know the mesh is working, i can open the .obj file with the Windows 3D viewer i can see the mesh..
So i tried to download online a basic model with .obj format and tried to import it aswell, it doesnt work...

Maybe there is settings to do ? my graphic card ? I dunno i tried a lot of things but seems like MS3D doesnt wanna work..

I hope i can post this question in this forum section, sorry if im wrong...

Thanks !
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 1:19 AM
What menu option are you using to import the .obj? Do you get as far as selecting the mesh? Is there an error message? Do you have the paid version of Milkshape? I seem to remember the trial limits import/export, maybe after it expires.

If you upload the .obj I'll try importing it myself

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
What menu option are you using to import the .obj? Do you get as far as selecting the mesh? Is there an error message? Do you have the paid version of Milkshape? I seem to remember the trial limits import/export, maybe after it expires.

If you upload the .obj I'll try importing it myself

Hey ! Thanks for answering me ! I used File>Import>Wavefront .obj>then the mesh.obj
There is no message of error, nothing on the screen, they look the same as when you start Milkshape.
I have the paid version.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  mesh.rar (92.6 KB, 48 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 2:40 PM
Hm i have the Message Window in Milkshape selected now, everytime i try to import the message i got an error message in this window, i got "ERROR: Error reading"
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 4:49 PM
I can import it fine, no error. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you're using the 'Import Wavefront OBJ (UV only) option instead of the plain Import Wavefront OBJ.

I've attached the imported mesh in an .ms3d.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  mesh.zip (101.9 KB, 35 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I can import it fine, no error. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you're using the 'Import Wavefront OBJ (UV only) option instead of the plain Import Wavefront OBJ.

I've attached the imported mesh in an .ms3d.

Hello ! I tried to Import Wavefront OBJ (UV only) too but it didnt work. I got an error message when i want to open the mesh.ms3d aswell...

Well my computer dont like Milkshape i think XD
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:37 PM
Maybe try reinstalling Milkshape?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:00 PM
I did this many times, i even tried to install previous versions but it doesnt help...
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Jan 2023 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Etheric
I did this many times, i even tried to install previous versions but it doesnt help...

Did you ever find a fix?! I'm struggling with this even now
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jan 2023 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Under8d
Did you ever find a fix?! I'm struggling with this even now

I figured it out hehe!! For anyone else who struggled with this (maybe another 5 years in the future!) I just had to create a new blender file and recreate the mesh. Time consuming but it worked
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Dec 2023 at 12:53 AM
I noticed I can't import or export at all if the folder where I do this is set to "read only". Moving the file to another location helps.