Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:28 AM
You can't buy the game from EA anymore it's mostly second hand from ebay now. I bought a hardly used full second set of each EP and SP and all the Guides for $100. The UC is another option, you just need the box with genuine code and a decent rep.

No new patches, all the patches are stored on MTS now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can't buy the game from EA anymore it's mostly second hand from ebay now. I bought a hardly used full second set of each EP and SP and all the Guides for $100. The UC is another option, you just need the box with genuine code and a decent rep.

No new patches, all the patches are stored on MTS now.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Although, maybe you can answer one last question?

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm wondering if its actually a thing.
Would it be possible to manually set the amount of sims that can live on a lot like one of the above comments suggested? Adding these lines to my userstartup.cheat file:

uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

Or do you think it wouldn't effect my problem, and would only raise the amount of sims I can move into a lot through social interactions?

kaycee34 :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:54 AM
Anything is worth a try. I would also try along with the cheats (in your cheat file) a larger household mod, like unlimited sims by BO.
What happens when you ask a sim to move in?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:44 AM
Anything is worth a try. I would also try along with the cheats (in your cheat file) a larger household mod, like unlimited sims by BO.
What happens when you ask a sim to move in?

I have no problems asking sims to move in or having them merge household upon marriage. Which makes it seem very strange to me that I cant merge households in the neighborhood view.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:32 AM
Yes, the red showing indicates they have insufficient funds, as if the game doesn't realize a sim already lives there. Can they move in if you family fund them tons of money?

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 2:45 PM
Yes, the red showing indicates they have insufficient funds, as if the game doesn't realize a sim already lives there. Can they move in if you family fund them tons of money?

Nope. I get an error message saying that "moving in The ____ household would result in too many sims living on the lot."

Undead Molten Llama
#32 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaycee34
Although, maybe you can answer one last question?

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm wondering if its actually a thing.
Would it be possible to manually set the amount of sims that can live on a lot like one of the above comments suggested? Adding these lines to my userstartup.cheat file:

uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

Or do you think it wouldn't effect my problem, and would only raise the amount of sims I can move into a lot through social interactions?

Those property overrides might very well solve your issue...but by themselves they will do nothing. You MUST have a "larger households" mod as well. There are several out there. Jo mentioned Boiling Oil's; I use Cyjon's, here: http://cyjon.net/node/141

By themselves, such mods will allow unlimited numbers of Sims/Pets to be born into or asked to move into any household, but in order to be able to combine households in neighborhood view to make households of larger than 8 Sims, you need to set the internal properties as you've listed above. (Although the numbers can be whatever you want. You just have to have the Humans + Pets number equal the Total Sims number.) It's best to put those property overrides into your userstartup file. See here: http://modthesims.info/t/84924 That way, you don't have to type those overrides every time you play the game. But if you DO decide to type them every time for whatever reason, they have to be entered in neighborhood view, not with a lot loaded.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Those property overrides might very well solve your issue...but by themselves they will do nothing. You MUST have a "larger households" mod as well. There are several out there. Jo mentioned Boiling Oil's; I use Cyjon's, here: http://cyjon.net/node/141

By themselves, such mods will allow unlimited numbers of Sims/Pets to be born into or asked to move into any household, but in order to be able to combine households in neighborhood view to make households of larger than 8 Sims, you need to set the internal properties as you've listed above. (Although the numbers can be whatever you want. You just have to have the Humans + Pets number equal the Total Sims number.) It's best to put those property overrides into your userstartup file. See here: http://modthesims.info/t/84924 That way, you don't have to type those overrides every time you play the game. But if you DO decide to type them every time for whatever reason, they have to be entered in neighborhood view, not with a lot loaded.

Thanks for the info.

I've already gone and installed Boiling Oil's mod, and I've also added those unitProp lines in my user startup cheat file. So we shall see if it works, I will be testing it out shortly! Although I'm a little uncertain if it will, considering I tried entering the cheat manually, in game, and the game didn't recognize it. But hopefully with BO's mod installed it will.

Mad Poster
#34 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:06 PM
Try BO's unlimited sims mod and the teleporter cat and see if you can't get more in a household.
"BO - Unlimited Sims: Alternative for LotFullOfSims, but without the conflicts, even allows natural twins on lots with more than 8 sims" http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0
"TELEPORTER FOR APARTMENT LIFE" http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

First try BO's mod alone and see if you can move someone in and if that works and you want more than 8 you will need the teleport cat to get them to the lot then just ask them to move in.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Undead Molten Llama
#35 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:50 PM
Thanks for the info.

I've already gone and installed Boiling Oil's mod, and I've also added those unitProp lines in my user startup cheat file. So we shall see if it works, I will be testing it out shortly! Although I'm a little uncertain if it will, considering I tried entering the cheat manually, in game, and the game didn't recognize it. But hopefully with BO's mod installed it will.

Yeah, as I said, the uintprops by themselves won't do anything because without a "bigger households" mod you're still constrained by the 8-Sim limit. (And also, if you typed them in without the proper capitals, they sometimes won't work/won't be seen as valid. Some people's games are very sensitive that way.) Ya gotta have both. So, theoretically, it should solve your problem IF the problem is simply that your game thinks all the occupied households are already full. If it's a different issue and combining households in general is just FUBARed in your game for some reason, then it might not solve the problem. But it's an easy thing to try, much easier than reinstalling even if you were to get the full game by *ahem* free-but-illicit means. Got my fingers crossed for you. Even if it doesn't work, since moving in via social interactions works, you should be able to do what marka said: Teleport in the Sims you want to add to a household, then use the Sim Blender (or similar thing) to add them to the household.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:24 PM
People sometimes do complain about Origin, but I've never had a problem. They are good about giving the UC to people who already have disks. I would think it's worth a try (shrug).

But I understand there are people who feel real loyalty to their disks and who dislike Origin. So, to each his own.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Undead Molten Llama
#37 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
People sometimes do complain about Origin, but I've never had a problem. They are good about giving the UC to people who already have disks. I would think it's worth a try (shrug).

But I understand there are people who feel real loyalty to their disks and who dislike Origin. So, to each his own.

Personally, I don't have that much against Origin itself. I have to launch it when I play TS3, and I'm OK with that because I tend to play TS3 a few times a year or so, when I feel like playing the World Adventures quests, mostly. And I really don't care that EA has an avenue of getting into my TS3 game to "update" it and because, even when I DO play TS3, I always start out with a new Sim anyway, so there's nothing to ruin if they FUBAR things.

There are things I don't like, though. Since Origin is now used as a method of ensuring that you legally own EA's games, without screwing around via various semi-illicit means, you have to be online in order to play any newer EA games. I don't like that at all. Two, it's an avenue for EA to push advertising on you. I'm not a huge fan of that. Most importantly, three, theoretically, EA can get at my TS2 game to "update" it. DO NOT WANT! And before you call me paranoid, this happened when EA updated the game to get rid of its inherent SecuROM last year. This screwed things up for many players in various ways AND made it so that you have to launch Origin (and therefore be online) in order to play the game. (Which, yes, you can get around, but that's not the point.) I don't want ANY possibility of EA getting at my carefully-crafted TS2 game. Ever. So, no UC for me. It's not a matter of being "loyal" to disks. Disks completely suck because they can be lost/damaged, which is why I already had multiple copies in various places of a full digital backup of the base game plus all EPs/SPs long before the UC was released, in case I ever need it. Rather, it's a matter of being distrustful of EA's business practices. As an EA stockholder with enough shares to have voting privileges, I'm well aware of what those are.

(Also, as a Stargate fan, the fact that it's called "Origin" is just downright CREEPY. Hallowed are the EA! )

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#38 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:02 PM
I prefer disks simply so I can use AGS. I have Origin for plenty of other games.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:23 PM
UPDATE:

WOOT! It finally works!

Adding a larger household mod from Boiling oil along with adding a cheat to my userstartup.cheat file:
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

WORKED! Yay!

Thank you everyone for your help! Now I can Sim my heart out without having to do any extra work to get sims to merge households!

Undead Molten Llama
#40 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 7:50 PM
YAY! Glad you got it working!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 8:02 PM
Now I can Sim my heart out

:lovestruc :lovestruc Have a good time!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 1:11 PM
Yay! There's nothing like the feeling of solving a problem and the joy of seeing that game start up again. Enjoy it! (and be kind to your simmies)

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 2 of 2